Should us the fans have a say in recruitment?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I was just thinking, ahead of time, how engaged we fans are in all facets of the club, but no more than recruitment matters.

I find it kind of insane we are so invested but we only allow Gus and Cirro to make multi million dollar decisions regarding purchases.

It’s like they make the decisions and we are left with the bag or do all the discussing and half the time we hated the ourchase in the first place.
When we hired Sione Katoa for two years after his was unwanted and was ringing club to club, I didn’t understand why we gave him not one, but a two year deal.
Ditto the Lichaa hiring.
No need to lock in two years. He was useless.

So how can we have no say in what hairbrained or genius idea they have?

Gus talks to us directly on Snapchat and Twitter.

Would it be the worst idea to gauge the fans reactions to signing ideas?

‘Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Moses as a 7?’ He could ask on Twitter and some very knowledgeable fans will give input.

How often have TK seen things before it happened?

If Barrett and Anderson had asked us ‘who should we have as our 7 going forward?’ I’m 99% certain Adam Reynolds would be our half atm and not @Flanagun.

And then if it fails at least we can say it’s on us?
Family club after all aren’t we?

Ps. I’m not talking about kids. I don’t know them and that’s better left to people who get the junior system.
I am sure Demetriou will be over the moon with your input.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha imagine. I’m pretty sure Aaron Groom would be our hooker still after signing a 20 year deal.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was coaching one of the teams in a grade lower than mine had their very good coach go to hospital and was out of action for a month.
A couple of parents, who had no accreditation or had been to a single seminar etc but "knew it all" and spent a lot of time sniping from the sideline took over and to say the result was a shambles was an understatement.
Fans know NOTHING!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they should do a vote on TK! Put the name of the players they are thinking of signing, and they sign the player with the highest vote!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a general rule, not all kennelers even understand that contracted players aren't permanently available to negotiate with other clubs. Not all kennelers understand that different aspect of skill apply to various positions (people thought Lichaa was going to dominate with his dummy half running but he couldn't pass the salt from one side of the table to the other). Not all kennelers understand that we have to balance the salary cap by having recognised quality in some areas and lesser known players in others.

With all this in mind can Nasheed threads please undergo an approval process before the general public is subjected to them.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fucking rediculous thread. Seriously, this **** is the biggest flog to have stalked the kennel.
Imagine members on the kennel in charge of recruitment. Fucking lol!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
11 sounds about right with further examination on the 12th …

Should us fans have a say in what threads @Nasheed is allowed to post ?
I'm hoping he is just rusty from his lay-off and not just lost his first grade form.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember Raelene castle negotiated a deal for Tolman of 200,500 and 700 over three years when the cap was just over half what it is now

We leave these decisions in the hand of Brainless peopel instead of Nasheed etc and us
Raelene should be charged for war crimes...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
lol guys im not saying wed g in and negotiate deals.
More like a fan forum where we put ideas forward to the club, maybe we have seen some talent for warrington or something that we can put forward.
Alternatively, like with moses situation, maybe Gould can put it out there who we would like to see at the club next year?