Should NRL Teams divulge all salary cap payments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I dunno, is it already open to the public? It seems that we always hear salary amounts popping up in the papers here and there. So where do they get this info form? Like last year in the paper, there was a bit on the Bulldogs bench players, and they seemed to know exactly how much each player was getting, Corey Hughes 120k, etc etc.

wouldn't it just be easier if they had to let everyone know how much everyone is earning? Then once and for all, we'd be certain that the Roosters weren't wroughting the system!!!

Or is this an injustice towards the player's?

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
do you want people to know how much your earning????

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
The point i'm making is that a lot of the player's salaries seem to come out anyway.

Personally, I don't give a ****. I make 15k a year if you want to know.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
but most of what comes out is BS!

I know for me, I don't want people to know how much I am on, and I'm sure there are alot of people who are the same!

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I just wanna know what this 'source' papers are quoting on.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
It's a invasion of privacy, what people earn should stay personal.
I am with you GD :grinning:

A

atomic_crimson

i can tell ya how much gd earns.. $3.5 an hour to be precise..

nah i wouldnt want people knowing what i earn.. its not about people in general so much... more players amongst each other.. it could cos a bit of aminosity...

the papers speculate how much players are earning... doesnt neccesarily mean its how much they actually are...

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
atomic_crimson said:
i can tell ya how much gd earns.. $3.5 an hour to be precise..

nah i wouldnt want people knowing what i earn.. its not about people in general so much... more players amongst each other.. it could cos a bit of aminosity...

the papers speculate how much players are earning... doesnt neccesarily mean its how much they actually are...
stop talkin bout ur own salary :p

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i think that it would prove to be illegal in most workplace practices.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
New Salary Cap News

I just heard on the radio that the NRL are now looking into letting 2 players from each team be paid by sponsors and it not being added to the Salary Cap I wonder if it will come in this year or next year when some other teams have signed up the Bulldog players that we can't afford now

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
i hope so that would amke thing a lot easier

its unfair to players letting everyonek now how much they are paid

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Players are entitled to their privacy with regards to how much they earn.

As for figures that are quoted in the paper, don't believe a word the media says about player earnings cause most of the time it is completely untrue.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I don't think that players salaries should be public domain, but I do believe that players should have to show tax returns to the NRL to show that clubs are playing by the books. It works in the AFL, why not the NRL?

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
A LOT of things work in the AFL, and we think, WHY NOT NRL?

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
Dogs Of War said:
I don't think that players salaries should be public domain, but I do believe that players should have to show tax returns to the NRL to show that clubs are playing by the books. It works in the AFL, why not the NRL?
I even think this is stupid. You shouldn't have to show an employer how much taxable income you are earning (even from outside of league). That is like making the NRL a branch of the AUstralian Taxation Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.