Opinion Should Josh Jackson be re-signed when he comes off contract?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its more the mistakes he makes drops key ball and misses crucial tackles i think if he cuts these errors out he will be ok

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's see how he goes with some better players around him. There is no questioning his effort or love for the club.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'll all be eating your words.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Josh Jackson? I reckon his best days are behind him and really don't see the value in paying him 600-700k when there are lot of gun back-rowers out there who are more threatening on the edge. Jackson career reminds me of Nathan Hindmarsh.....gun attacking back-rower to a workhorse slow plodder.
He should go a whole lot better next year under Barrett. Especially with more quality players around him!!
If he responds well, then yes, definitely he should be re-signed, depending on when his current contract expires, but not on 600-700k. He will probably be on his final contract, or close too, and unless he cracks origin next year he will not be worth that much again.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great bloke and clubman but this current contract was too long and we paid too much.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He along with great backrowers have served the dogs with their all. He deserved this contract for his loyalty when was courted by Uncle Nick last contract. He epitomised Bulldog and NSW culture. I think he will be a club man and his experience is valuable to the new kids coming through.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let's see how he performes this year.
The last 3 years would have been very demoralizing. Pass the captaincy onto someone else give him no excuses.
He needs a good coach and we now have that. This has to be his year to prove he still has it. I'm hopeful

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've heard a bit of noise that he's lost 5kgs because Barrett asked him to before they start pre season

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes... But he need to move to the middle

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson had his worst season with us this year & is contracted until 2023. Let's see what happens over the next 3 years. I think a player who has served us really well for so many years deserves to be given a chance & not thrown away at the first sign of a problem. If he is declining & doesn't improve on this year then no, but I do not expect him to go as bad as this year. Psychology can play a big role here. We have had 3 bad years & perhaps with the change of coach, salary cap back in order & a few new players things will change.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we do a Souths with Burgess and Inglis and medically retire him next season with two years remaining on his contract? If not I say it is unfair!

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I can’t see him playing on after his contract is up. He’s served us well and will always be a bulldogs legend but his time is up after this contract