Opinion Should Josh Jackson be re-signed when he comes off contract?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Josh Jackson? I reckon his best days are behind him and really don't see the value in paying him 600-700k when there are lot of gun back-rowers out there who are more threatening on the edge. Jackson career reminds me of Nathan Hindmarsh.....gun attacking back-rower to a workhorse slow plodder.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When is he off contract and how old will he be?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Contracted until the end of 2023. I think that'll finish him off. I think he's already showing signs of declining (not saying he's bad or I don't want him). He was great in 2019 but this year was a very bad year for him imo. I'm not sure if he was carrying an injury.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When is he off contract and how old will he be?
He comes off contract in 2023 but I just don't see him holding his place, for some reason I thought he was off contract next year...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
3 more years and I wouldn’t re-sign him as much as he busts his gut for us. The game has changed too much and he’s a bit small and has lost pace

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's already signed for another three seasons and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires or goes to the ESL before then.

willow dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on Josh Jackson? I reckon his best days are behind him and really don't see the value in paying him 600-700k when there are lot of gun back-rowers out there who are more threatening on the edge. Jackson career reminds me of Nathan Hindmarsh.....gun attacking back-rower to a workhorse slow plodder.
He signed for 2-3 years that would see him out

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Jacko, however, despite being super durable and rarely, if ever missing a game his shoulders are pretty shot.

it is likely they will cause him to miss a few games over the next couple of seasons.

I still think 2023 is just about right - he is a really good person and we need a some men around to keep the boys in check

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if he takes a 50% or more haircut. He's only getting 700K and a long deal because he's our captain but I don't really rate him at that either. He doesn't talk to the refs and challenge enough. He's no threat in attack really ever. You don't pay guys who tackle and clean up 700K. Workhorses are usually on average wages.