• Roberts/Holdsworth

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you reckon aaron groom should be the no.7 for round 1?(6.holdsworth/roberts and 7.groom).

OR

Do you think the halves should be roberts or holdsworth??

I was impressed the way aaron groom played in the trial match against st george, even though he wasnt much involved but looked dangerous when he had the ball.
I reckon Folkes should take the risk and have Roberts at 5/8 and Groom at half for rd 1. we know that folkes has 7 rounds to prove he is still good enough for bulldogs coach.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
no he should do what he thinks is right as coach except give Corey Hughes a spot in the team

riiighhhtttttt but its a good dream though

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd give roberts and holdsworth the first go, and if one of them aren't performing within 3 rounds then i'd give groom a go.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'd also give Roberts and DJ the first crack at it, but I think his gonna have to play Groom and Barba at some stage

Blood them in some way or another this year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
give the roberts/holdsworth combo fr the 1st few games

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Holdsworth/Roberts needs to be given a go, they are the more senior players and havent stuffed up yet. I am sure groom and barba will get thier chance and i hope we retain them, but thier time isnt just now.

Who knows injury, SOO, anything could happen to give them a chance. Also i think Roberts has full potential to be better than Groom and Barba.

Patience, Groom and Barba fans, they will get thier chance when the time is right. Folkes isnt stupid, he wont let players in bad form sail through and ruin his chances of keeping his job either. He has too much to lose this year. Give him a chance. He has given us premierships as a player and as a coach.....we owe him that much.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
i would move holdsworth to the bench

H

HarryHubert

I have no idea as I have not seen Groom play, but anything could be better than a robotic Holdsworth and an erratic Roberts. Both should just stick to doing Joey's laundry.

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
Roberts to the bench (hooker, halves, centre), Sullivan to hooker, Groom to half & Holdsworth 5/8. Still have a rotation just in case pairings aren't working out.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's see how Robert's and Holdsworth go for the first 6 rounds, then we'll switch if Folke's plan fails.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I would personally like to see the Groom/Roberts combination . But I think we all know that Folkes will choose the Holdsworth/Roberts combo to start with. If form doesnt permit a change is imminent i would suggest.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts/holdsworth

groom needs to play his way into the squad

as much as corey as annoyed me, i think we need his experience :o

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't start with groom. Let him settle in and see how he goes.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holdsworth/Roberts needs to be given a go, they are the more senior players and havent stuffed up yet. I am sure groom and barba will get thier chance and i hope we retain them, but thier time isnt just now.

Who knows injury, SOO, anything could happen to give them a chance. Also i think Roberts has full potential to be better than Groom and Barba.

Patience, Groom and Barba fans, they will get thier chance when the time is right. Folkes isnt stupid, he wont let players in bad form sail through and ruin his chances of keeping his job either. He has too much to lose this year. Give him a chance. He has given us premierships as a player and as a coach.....we owe him that much.

For once we agree on something!!! And as much as i vouch for Groom, i'm prepared to judge after the first few rounds; If Holdsworth doesn't lift his game now, his gone...

I definitely believe Roberts has that potential as well, perhaps a Benji Marshall that can defend!..

I won't take a swipe at Folkes...but i will ask, if that was the case why was Perry and Hughes in every game last year?

W

waveraider

Hughes should not be in the side. I would start Sully and play Groom on the bench with Holdsworth at 6 and Roberts at 7. It all starts at the dummy half in attack and Hughes just doesn't have it, he is far to slow for the modern game. If Folkes sticks with Hughes he will not have a job in 2009.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Hughes was ever given a contract in 2007 i will never ever know....

He'd make starting hooker at another NRL club when pigs fly

Status
Not open for further replies.