Should Ennis kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we think Mick Ennis should kick sometimes? He used to over kick but sometimes it created opportunities, most hookers have a kicking game and if he could take some of the punch out of his kick and keep the ball low I would be happy to see some grubbers if he could thread the needle.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No no no no no.....NO!! he should have his foot amputated he either kicks out on the full or over the dead ball line....... would rather Kas kick then Ennis

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easy answer - NO. Ennis reminds me of how Corey Hughes use to kick it. No consistency and might just put it out on the full half the time. It's not his role, his role is to guide the team out of dummy half and know when to attack or pass it to a forward for a hit up. Leave the kicking to Reynolds, Keating and Inu.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
yes i think he should randomly. I think they should mix up who kicks, that way the opposition dont expect a player to kick and put pressure on them more. If they dont know who is going to kick they dont know who to charge at.

I think 3 or 4 players should kick. And they should train to do so more.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
half wayf through the season I would have said absolutely not. But in recent weeks his kicking from dummy half has become more effective so I would say yes he should as long as he doesn't over kick as hed has had the habit of doing in the past

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His kicking was great against Manly, just because he had 1 or 2 bad kicking games this season doesn't mean hes not allowed to kick anymore.
So yes he should kick.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's nothing more dangerous than a Hooker who has a great kicking game. Cameron Smith is the only player I believe has the kicking ability of a halve in the NRL. Farah has his moment, however he's quite inconsistent with the boot.

Sadly Ennis just hasn't got the skill level to match it with the mentioned guys above when it comes to general kicking. I actually cringe every time Ennis kicks, because more times than not they're shockers.

P

Paint.

Agree with BF88, halfway through the season I would have said no way, but more recently he's had some very good kicks. Mostly finds ground these days, and I think with a full injury free off season under Des, he'll be much more involved nexxt year onwards

Mo

New Pup
Reaction score
Agree with BF88, halfway through the season I would have said no way, but more recently he's had some very good kicks. Mostly finds ground these days, and I think with a full injury free off season under Des, he'll be much more involved nexxt year onwards
His kicks have been good over the last 2 weeks.......meaning he's def overdue for a howler.....out on the full next week!.....Corey mark 2 ........

Status
Not open for further replies.