Short term pain.. Long term gain

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My realistic expectation for this year was to see incremental improvement. That expectation wasnt met.
My realistic expectation after Monday just gone is it will be a bonus when or if we win a game for the rest of the year.
How sad is that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You can thank the previous 5 years of wasted time on previous board… it’s only beginning now with Gus
Alzz, before you fire misguided shots across the bow (again) - allow me to correct you (again).

Five years ago the Dib board was still in control in the first year we failed to make the finals - the same year the Hasler contract and salary cap were botched.

Then we had the Andersons who had some mess to clean up and then made mistakes of their own. But 4 of those directors (second term) are still serving.

Since new management took over we’ve collected a spoon and parted ways with another coach - the pressure is now on them to get the next appointment right. But you can’t just blame those who deposed your Uncle Ray - there’s been a number of issues that aren’t resolved yet. Gus is only part of the picture.

So change your broken record about ‘the previous board’ and deal in realities :-).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They just have to forget whatever Baz said, play eyes up footy and do the basics well, not rocket science.
Too bad we've still got a captain who talks about Baz as if he's Jack Gibson.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will take a full pre-season with the right coaching staff to undo Ferris wheel & Barrett's disasterclass.

Also people are forgetting JuNK is still the 9.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Harry's first order HAS to be telling JJ that he is not Yeo and to stop that shit.

2nd order is kicking your arse back to reserves where you belong... Mounties, not the Bulldogs.
Lol agree with you on the first bit. But I'm still better than Avo or Wakeham. Face it, Fam, I'm here to stay, at least for this season.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol agree with you on the first bit. But I'm still better than Avo or Wakeham. Face it, Fam, I'm here to stay, at least for this season.
How exactly are you better?

Burton played his best with Avo next to him. Doesn't mean Avo is the answer either.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How exactly are you better?

Burton played his best with Avo next to him. Doesn't mean Avo is the answer either.
You think? I think Burton's last two games for us have been his best, by far.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You think? I think Burton's last two games for us have been his best, by far.
Not because of you. More because his link with JAC and actually trying to win a game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not because of you. More because his link with JAC and actually trying to win a game.
Say what you will, but I'm the only halfback at the club.... and my first two games for us were better than anything Avo or Wakeham have produced this season. I honestly think Baz has been really bad for both my confidence and development and I'll go a lot better under Potter. And I also think Baz's constant chopping and changing has only exacerbated our problems. We should stick with what we've got until something better comes along.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Say what you will, but I'm the only halfback at the club.... and my first two games for us were better than anything Avo or Wakeham have produced this season. I honestly think Baz has been really bad for both my confidence and development and I'll go a lot better under Potter. And I also think Baz's constant chopping and changing has only exacerbated our problems. We should stick with what we've got until something better comes along.
Fair enough, show us you deserve to be in our FG and not Mounties.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Dogs fans are not fair weather fans --> the Coffs Harbour allegations, the salary cap scandal, the SBW circus, the Ben Barba domestic abuse stories, the Super League War and losing 4 of our best players to Parramatta, off field fan behaviour etc... the pain we can endure, the lack of any discernible plan or preparation or proper management is TOTALLY F*+#ING UNACCEPTABLE!