Shopping for suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
hey guys. im on the search for a new suit for my cousins wedding and was wondering if you know of any good places to buy one? not really fussed about where in sydney and am willing to spend around the $500-$600 ballpark.

also they have to be genuinely helpful and not like "OMG u look HAWWT u shuld totally buy dis one" at the first one you try on.

any help would be appreciated.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suit city at Fairfield are good.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could also hire a suit for the day/night. Might be cheaper for you, unless you want a suit for other things aswell.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For that kind of money, Kelly country in Granville will hand make a custom suit in any fabric and style tailor fitted. And you'll get a shirt tie and shoes. They're the best for cheap tailored suits !

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
thanks heaps peeps. will check them out.

and yeah Game ill be wearing it again sooner or later. i dont have many decent suits tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
David Jones in the city. You'd be suprised what you can pickup from there at a good price.

Also Birkenhead Point have a few goood suit outlets.

Finally Ron Bennett can be cheap too.

One of my groomsmen picked up a name brand suit (same designer as mine) for $500. Mine was closer to $800.

If you are into quirky suits, sometimes you can be lucky and get one off specials at Ted Bakers store @ Westfields Sydney too.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i wear suits every day - go to oxford or myer and get van heusen

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
again, thanks for the suggestions. ill try around the city possibly this weekend first then see what happens. and who knows i might end up in bali after all lol

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Gieves & Hawkes, Savile Row, London, then duck over to Huntsman for a bespoke shirt and tie. Hop back into the DBS and nip over to Crockett and Jones for some shoes. Then pick the missus up from Mayfair, load her shopping into the car, then drop the car off with the valet at the Dorchester for High Tea. Nice day of shopping.

Yep I won the $20M tonight... *cough*

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Gieves & Hawkes, Savile Row, London, then duck over to Huntsman for a bespoke shirt and tie. Hop back into the DBS and nip over to Crockett and Jones for some shoes. Then pick the missus up from Mayfair, load her shopping into the car, then drop the car off with the valet at the Dorchester for High Tea. Nice day of shopping.

Yep I won the $20M tonight... *cough*
i think ill give mayfair the boot

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Make sure you get it tailored to fit and make sure the bottom button on the suit jacket is always undone.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
already bought one. but thanks anyways. it was an all day effort but i finally found one i really liked :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.