sherwin has to fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the reason we havent smashed any team lately and just been slugging it out for our wins is cause sherwin hasnt clicked yet. we all know our forwards are the best in the comp and are on fire. holdsworth is proving to be the buy of the year and is in great form and our backs are playing consistant. that just leaves shifty.
once he is on his game like 2002 and 04 he has the toughest kicking game to read and the dogs players only know whats going on. hopefully he gets into this form and we start smacking teams all over the park and continue our great run to premiership glory.

CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO THE LEAGUES CLUB AGAIN AFTER THE GRAND FINAL WIN, AND CHEER THE BOYS ON AS LOUD AS I CAN!!!!!!

Maza

Reaction score
yup we all know shifty has got to step up a little bit more but u gotta give credit to the guy, he is showing great signs! slowly but surely we will get back to our best, and thats not just based on shifty, but the team as a whole.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i think he is starting to find his feet, i think there is still room for improvement, but personally i am happy with the progress he is showing..

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, good point, Craig. Sherwins a legend. Theres no doubt he can steer us to another title. He's a big game player, like Mason. 2004 Final v Penrith. Sherwin kicks, El Masri scores. Sherwin passes, El Masri scores. 2004 Grand Final. Sherwin passes, El Masri scores. 2004 Qual. Final v Storm, Sherwin kicks ,picks up, passes, Ryan scores.2004 Qual. Final Sherwin cut out pass, El Masri scores. 1999 Qual. Final Sherwin scores under the posts against the Storm. So, you're not wrong. Sherwin will fire. He will be a star. We will win the Premiership in '06!!! Go the Dogs.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Brent knows what he has to do. He is the consumate team player and participates equally in every game.

Good luck Brent. Bring it home for us on Saturday night.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
old school dog said:
Yeah, good point, Craig. Sherwins a legend. Theres no doubt he can steer us to another title. He's a big game player, like Mason. 2004 Final v Penrith. Sherwin kicks, El Masri scores. Sherwin passes, El Masri scores. 2004 Grand Final. Sherwin passes, El Masri scores. 2004 Qual. Final v Storm, Sherwin kicks ,picks up, passes, Ryan scores.2004 Qual. Final Sherwin cut out pass, El Masri scores. 1999 Qual. Final Sherwin scores under the posts against the Storm. So, you're not wrong. Sherwin will fire. He will be a star. We will win the Premiership in '06!!! Go the Dogs.
ahhhhh the memorys. gotta love that

DoGz Of WaR

Reaction score
we hav alot of improvement in attack because sherwin hsnt fired up. yet this startles me because we have one of the best attacking records this year. just goes go show that we can average another 10 - 12 points if sherwin syeps up a few gears.

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Sherwin will be at his best when the finals come around. Slowly he is showing he is getting back to his best. Each week he shows improvement. He is a key player for our finals hopes. With him back to his best, and if we can keep our whole team injury free, we will have a good chance of going all the way.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the issue is that Holdsworth plays more like a "7" than "6". As such shifty doesn't have it his way as much as he did with anasta. Anasta was stand & pass 5/8. Or a running back rower.( Half Lock half 5/8). With shifty basically calling all the shots!

I don't think its him not taking control, I think his role is being shared more than in the past. Its a tough one to know if this is hindering his game or not. I think its working well.

We have got ball players / distributers throughout the team who can take that traditional 5/8 role if needed during various times in games. But for the bulk of the time having a half back on either side of the ruck is one of the reasons (I believe) for our recent success. I think there combination is getting better as the season goes by!

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CMP, well done. Excellent analysis. You should be in the media. No kidding.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HaHa. Old School Dog - I just type it as I see it!

Both my spelling & grama are terrible. I don't think I would last to long in the media! lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year was a year he would rather forget,not looking too happy after a few dramas,this year has seen him showing glimpses of brilliance on the improve for sure showing dont be sad,get mad.

RAM

What tha !
Reaction score
CMP said:
I think the issue is that Holdsworth plays more like a "7" than "6". As such shifty doesn't have it his way as much as he did with anasta. Anasta was stand & pass 5/8. Or a running back rower.( Half Lock half 5/8). With shifty basically calling all the shots!

I don't think its him not taking control, I think his role is being shared more than in the past. Its a tough one to know if this is hindering his game or not. I think its working well.

We have got ball players / distributers throughout the team who can take that traditional 5/8 role if needed during various times in games. But for the bulk of the time having a half back on either side of the ruck is one of the reasons (I believe) for our recent success. I think there combination is getting better as the season goes by!
CMP, I think you have nailed it. God help us other teams when Sherwin does stamp his name on the remaining games. I seriously rate him as the most dominant half, when he is on his game and allowed some room by your forwards (who for that matter are consistently this year driving forward).

H

Haztrick

CMP said:

I think that it's great that Sherwin doesn't have to do all the work. Takes the pressure off him and Holdsworth is learning and geeting more out of it for it..

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
I actually dont think Sherwin firing is neccessary. As long as he is doing an ok job. which he has been doing, then grinding out wins will happen, and will work..

I'll put it blunty. We don't need to smack teams all over the park to win a premiership. We have the forwards to win the comp without Sherwin firing.

But don't get me wrong, I would love him to be firing. But saying 'he has to fire' is a pretty big call.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been getting better as the weeks go by. You only have to look at how good we are going with our halves playing solid but not flashy. Still doing the little things right but I'd still like to see them be a little more creative in the opposition 20. Guess we are playing to our strengths which is clearly our forward pack.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
People are watching DVD's of 2004 and getting too many ideas. Our teams strike power in the forwards is more potent than ever before which has allowed Holdsworth to develop his game nicely and while Sherwin isn't as breathtakinginly dangerous as 2004, he'll provide a try or two through a kick behind the line or over to El Masri's wing.

Nothing to worry about at this stage.

Starrdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bang on! Good job Bro

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Does it really matter how Holdsworth plays TBH.

I mean it seems that Shifty and DJ get along a lot better in their combination then Shifty and Anasta did... and they seem to be getting some good returns.. :grinning:

DJ is more of a playmaking 5-8th, but that takes pressure of Brent, and that is good... the less pressure he has, the more chance he has to try things, like towering bombs and banana kicking to El-Masri .... :D :D

I think Sherwin is going better every week, and the more him and DJ gel, the better it gets... I look forward to the future watching those two play... :grinning:

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
Titanium Doggie said:
... the less pressure he has, the more chance he has to try things, like towering bombs and banana kicking to El-Masri .... :D :D
and grubbers to El Masri :D

Status
Not open for further replies.