1. The Kennel is saddened to hear of the passing of one of their much loved members (Izzy Forreal).

Kennelers are invited to pay their respects in the following threads:

Vale: Izzy Forreal

Official Site Statement
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Sheikh Wants To Buy Dragons

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by _G-Dog_, Dec 27, 2017.

1. TANK 2.0

TANK 2.0 Assyrian King Gilded

That's why I posted it, it's so stupid you have to laugh lol

2. Como Dog

Como Dog Forum Regular

I did read about that, think they were from Hong Kong specifically. At this stage their initial stadium proposal in Loftus was knocked back given the land they specifically wanted allocated by council. Puts that proposal in some doubt or at the very least delays it I would imagine.

3. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

That wouldn't make any sense though as Loftus is in Sharks territory. In any event unless it is a 30,000+ stadium it's not worth building and I don't see a HK outfit stumping up $400m for that.

4. BJD

BJD Go the dogs

St George Camel Jockeys

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie Previously CEO

It’s a massive company. 400m could be a good investment for them. They are trying to build a presence in aus I believe. I think they started with the small sponsorship but they probably want the stadium named after them

6. Oatley Dog

And the bit about Loftus being in Sharks territory.......

7. south of heaven

south of heaven Immortal

Fucking cunts i dug a hole in my backyard found half a clothes peg and a broken drill bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

The team proposed was a Sutherland shire based team, an area with huge amount of footballers, you should know being in Oatley ;) They might keep trying to build a stadium if that’s their desire. Or they could just build out in GWS where they own billions of $$ worth of land and try compete with WSW

9. Oatley Dog

I think you are missing the point. This was a discussion about a mob from HK building a stadium in Loftus for the Dragons. The Sharks own Loftus not the Dragons so it would be counter intuitive for a stadium to be built in that suburb to assist the Dragons. And yes I do live in Oatley and know the area.... Doesn't matter how much money a company has they don't waste it on a whim. If they can't get their investment back they won't spend and $400+m for a stadium requires a lot of games to be played to get their money back. If they don't spend that kind of money then it won't fit the stadia policy and won't be approved. So, the bottom line is it isn't going to happen.

10. SecretLifeOfPetsTheMovie

I was the one who first mentioned the Chinese developer building a stadium and it was for a new a league team, not an NRL team.

11. Oatley Dog

Sorry, clearly we have drifted off target. Started as a St george thing and now an a-league thing. I'll leave the soccer stuff to those who care.

12. Como Dog

Como Dog Forum Regular

Looks like provisional approval already granted. Couldn't attach the link myself but there is an SMH article on Oct 18 if you Google 'SMH Southern Expansion gains council approval'