Official Shaun Johnson signs 3 year deal with Sharks

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He and Townsend already familiar with time at Warriors

SJ will shine with that experience in the pack and out wide

I was surprised he signed 3 years thought he would go Roosters 2020
You watch roosters will be looking at lachlan Lewis, he signed two year extension which means he's free to negotiate come November 1 2019 and not that contract means anything these days

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters were supposedly eyeing off Luke Brooks to be the cronk replacement. I would never forgive the club if they lost lewis to the roosters.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters were supposedly eyeing off Luke Brooks to be the cronk replacement. I would never forgive the club if they lost lewis to the roosters.
The club needs lock him up to a longer deal based on potential but I'm sure they are hesitant with last one being mbye and we all know how that turned out

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not everybody is going, or wants to go to the Roosters lol.. Many had Johnson going there till the Sharks announcement

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club needs lock him up to a longer deal based on potential but I'm sure they are hesitant with last one being mbye and we all know how that turned out
Beauty of a two year deal. Get a year to make a decision and then can lock them up before other clubs get a chance to make offers. Well that’s how it used to work before contracts meant nothing.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile over at belmore they are sracthing there balls.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile over at belmore they are sracthing there balls.
Not that I’m a fan of SJ but you do realise that having Foran on our books really limits what the club can do as far as big money signings. Foran is without doubt the worst contract in the NRL and its baffling that he got a million dollar contract when he was being chased by absolutely no one and had showed nothing for two years. Disgraceful

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I’m a fan of SJ but you do realise that having Foran on our books really limits what the club can do as far as big money signings. Foran is without doubt the worst contract in the NRL and its baffling that he got a million dollar contract when he was being chased by absolutely no one and had showed nothing for two years. Disgraceful
Wheres Mbye and Woods money?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wheres Mbye and Woods money?
Obviously tied up in long term back ended contracts. Tolman Jackson Hopoate etc and then we are also paying some of Mbye and Woods deals aren’t we?

The point is we were in such a shit position that getting another huge money player for a short term view is pointless till we remove Foran.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Nikorima moves to the Warriors now to replace Johnson

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind Nikorima.. just a bit hard having two halves who are similar.... I would have loved to have seen these little men around in the older days when the game was a lot more free flowing

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They must of took out a bank loan.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How a current club being investigated for Salary Cap breaching including the year it won a GF is allowed to sign a marquee player (in theory a marquee player) is a joke beyond measure. RIP RL.
Same old, same old shit, something is still smelling “fishy” at the Sharks!

2017 - In May they mysteriously find a spare $850k to sign current State of Origin centre Josh Dugan after winning the comp the year before, then fucked if I know how but late in the season when teams already have their rosters finalised and caps spent they find another $800k in November 2017 to sign another marquee player in Matt Moylan ( Maloney was released to Penrith,however, he was on alot less than $800k hense the reason they switched clubs

Fast forward a year and they mysteriously find a spare 1 million to sign Shaun Johnson amidst salary cap rorting investigations

Ok fair enough they lost Valentine Holmes to persue NFL but there is no way on Earth Holmes was on anything close to 1 million per season to free up funds to sign someone of Johnsons calibre, hear me out...

2018 - Sharks trialled Holmes at Fullback from round 1 and he was shit, effectively shunning him back to the wing for the remainder of the season and replacing him with Dugan ( not a good enough reason to upgrade his contract on par with the top echelon of players ie Halves, Hookers and Fullbacks ) so he would clearly be on roughly $500k per season

The numbers just don’t ad up!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Same old, same old shit, something is still smelling “fishy” at the Sharks!

2017 - In May they mysteriously find a spare $850k to sign current State of Origin centre Josh Dugan after winning the comp the year before, then fucked if I know how but late in the season when teams already have their rosters finalised and caps spent they find another $800k in November 2017 to sign another marquee player in Matt Moylan ( Maloney was released to Penrith,however, he was on alot less than $800k hense the reason they switched clubs

Fast forward a year and they mysteriously find a spare 1 million to sign Shaun Johnson amidst salary cap rorting investigations

Ok fair enough they lost Valentine Holmes to persue NFL but there is no way on Earth Holmes was on anything close to 1 million per season to free up funds to sign someone of Johnsons calibre, hear me out...

2018 - Sharks trialled Holmes at Fullback from round 1 and he was shit, effectively shunning him back to the wing for the remainder of the season and replacing him with Dugan ( not a good enough reason to upgrade his contract on par with the top echelon of players ie Halves, Hookers and Fullbacks ) so he would clearly be on roughly $500k per season

The numbers just don’t ad up!
Absolutely mate, well done. The NRL did everything they could so they (Sharks) could add a trophy to the bare dusty cabinet including turning a blind eye to their Salary Cap. Now they drag the investigation out and let's remember this started leading up to the finals this year. The NRL just drag their heals until some crap media outlet finds another dogs story to break and the rest of the sheep public forget about the Salary Cap investigation. I said some time ago that RL is unfortunately turning into Australia's example of WWF/WWE. Sports entertainment where the governing body decides who wins each year and is totally rigged.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need some help with a crucial part of the release granted to Holmes...
"Under the terms of the release, if Holmes is unsuccessful in the NFL and wants to return to the NRL in 2019, it will be with the Sharks only. The 23-year-old will not be eligible to play for another NRL club next season."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...ease-to-pursue-nfl-dream-20181120-p50h4o.html

Q: How does Holmes return to the Sharks if unsuccessful in NFL?
Won't that put them over the cap? They will need to offload players with legit contracts .. kinda like us this year.

~c.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
can only return to the Sharks... yea right.... what a load of guff.... nothing is concrete in the NRL