Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd think he would chose to go home if the money was about the same. Plus $450k goes a lot further in NZ than Sydney.

If we went over $500k the value of the signing would get lower with the more cap he chewed up.
Can’t argue that point, but he left Warriors on bad terms & you would have thought the vision T Baz would have sold him working with Burton would have swayed him our way… anyway, another missed opportunity to get some desperately needed points into this team

Malla

Reaction score
Hansen an CO should have put the pressure on, this has happened far to often to us.

could have had benji to join his brother for a couple of years .. we miss the opportunity!!

could of made a play for Reynolds when he was on the market … we miss !!!

SHOULD of had SJ… and miss again !!

22 will be no better, we need an experienced 7, we don’t have 1 !!!

Bulldogs you need to step on toes and not back down , get your man for fuck sake,same old story every time.!!
Relax lol its SJ

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the positives, puts us in a better position to get Hodgson or Brandon Smith as well as good spot for Tevita Pangai. At this stage, hoping we retain Meaney and who knows, Flanno might come good.

1 Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Hetherington
9 Hodgson/B Smith
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 Doorey
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 Another Prop
16 Ava
17 Elliott

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgson should be our priority now
Reports coming out today that he's 'back in form' and the raiders want him, in which case if we need a Canberra hooker we'd have to go for Starling - if hes off contract

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the positives, puts us in a better position to get Hodgson or Brandon Smith as well as good spot for Tevita Pangai. At this stage, hoping we retain Meaney and who knows, Flanno might come good.

1 Meaney
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Hetherington
9 Hodgson/B Smith
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 Doorey
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 Another Prop
16 Ava
17 Elliott
Besides a few players that team still looks shit!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reports coming out today that he's 'back in form' and the raiders want him, in which case if we need a Canberra hooker we'd have to go for Starling - if hes off contract
Starling already rejected us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Relax lol its SJ
Relax?

it’s not just SJ we missed on, as above , and the importance of his experience is worth its weight in gold, was a big game player, his on and off field influence was needed, I will relax when our club stops waiting it out, and making sure they secure someone worthy, which he was.!!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Besides a few players that team still looks shit!!
You can't tell me you were frothing SJ that much. Yeah an upgrade on Meaney would be great but fuck me dead, we aren't going to build the Melbourne Storm overnight. Cut the negativity or go support another club.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say it’s a case he would take less from
Them Than us too. Home, friends, family, players he would be close with and his country.

Throw in fighting for the 8 and decent roster.

Our club just got fisted though. Released dwz and pay for it (still think long term smart) to miss out on sj to that club?

How do the warriors have the cap ? I get rts prob on a mil. Walsh took 300-400k I’m sure I read. Throw dwz 500k there it’s gone?

Guess someone else overpaid going for johnson
Ken maumalo covers dwz. Walsh 300k Johnson 500k they still have some in the bank especially since we are tipping In some for dwz.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
S Johnson just signed with the Warriors 2 year deal offical what the fuck is going on with our club I’ve said it before and say it again our cap is in such a mess that they are letting on and our recuiurtment is a disgrace