Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe he had verbally agreed, then Warriors came through at the 11th hour and offered him more?
Could be, warriors would hold more sway, especially if they paid more, because he also gets to go home.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read that he wasn't in their leadership group when he left. Oh well..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wow. I mean can you blame him? I’d say he wants to go home. Though also…

They fighting for 8. Added dwz from us. Him.

Meanwhile at belmore….

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so whats the plan now? Averillo? hope Kyle can work on his game? Pft

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He left the warriors on really bad terms so surprised by this
not simply that Shaun Johnson left on bad terms but supposedly not that long ago when Johnson was on the outer with the Sharks, the idea about Johnson going back to the Warriors was floated, the Warriors squad made it known that they didn't want him back

so, yeah, a bit bizarre

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So were does the extra cash saved from DWZ go to? No way should Flanno be our halfback for next year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Claims they offered just $450k a season…. Surely we would have matched that at the very least? Spewing we missed his signing
You'd think he would chose to go home if the money was about the same. Plus $450k goes a lot further in NZ than Sydney.

If we went over $500k the value of the signing would get lower with the more cap he chewed up.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Claims they offered just $450k a season…. Surely we would have matched that at the very least? Spewing we missed his signing
I’d say it’s a case he would take less from
Them Than us too. Home, friends, family, players he would be close with and his country.

Throw in fighting for the 8 and decent roster.

Our club just got fisted though. Released dwz and pay for it (still think long term smart) to miss out on sj to that club?

How do the warriors have the cap ? I get rts prob on a mil. Walsh took 300-400k I’m sure I read. Throw dwz 500k there it’s gone?

Guess someone else overpaid going for johnson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably going to sign another overpriced winger we don't need. Tupou it is.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we might have matched it but it wasn't enough to persuade him to stay in Sydney rather than going back home. Maybe even 500K wouldn't have been enough. Only way we would have got him was if the Warriors offered f..k all (weren't interested) or we offered 600K or more.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hansen an CO should have put the pressure on, this has happened far to often to us.

could have had benji to join his brother for a couple of years .. we miss the opportunity!!

could of made a play for Reynolds when he was on the market … we miss !!!

SHOULD of had SJ… and miss again !!

22 will be no better, we need an experienced 7, we don’t have 1 !!!

Bulldogs you need to step on toes and not back down , get your man for fuck sake,same old story every time.!!