Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you have to ask the question then you don’t understand the game and what a half back does.
If you want to discuss passing and kicking game analyses this Flanno has 1 more try assist this season than Avo does and has played 3 less games. So I would say his passing and kicking game is shown to be much more effective . But hey enjoy watching Jake Forest Gump play half back( Run Jakey Run) because that’s all he is good for.
LOL, talk about cherry picking stats. Mentions kicking and passing game and looks for probably the only stat where Flanagan is superior. I'll have a try.

Jake: 1 40/20, 39 attacking kicks, 7 forced drop outs, 3 kicked dead, 7 kick errors.

Flanagan: 0 40/20, 35 attacking kicks, 3 forced drop outs, 3 kicked dead, 7 kick errors.

Here's another one.

Total points scored per game: Jake @ halfback 16. Flanagan @ halfback 10.2.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have to ask the question then you don’t understand the game and what a half back does.
If you want to discuss passing and kicking game analyses this Flanno has 1 more try assist this season than Avo does and has played 3 less games. So I would say his passing and kicking game is shown to be much more effective . But hey enjoy watching Jake Forest Gump play half back( Run Jakey Run) because that’s all he is good for.
>"If you have to ask the question then you don’t understand the game and what a half back does."
Your statement shows your ignorance of what a HB is SUPPOSED to do. Do you know what Andrew Johns, Thurston and all the great HB have said several times? "A HB must be brave enough to put their body on the line and take on the defence knowing that they'll get hit but they'll create a gap and put something through"
I've been watching the game since the mid 70's dude so I know EXACTLY what a HB does.
Read my posts on TK at the time we signed Flanno before he even played a single game for us. Words to the affect "Flanno does nothing other than drift across the field throwing predictable inside passes to a flat footed forward going nowhere. He has no running game, doesn't create anything, passes way before the line and just puts up a bomb on the last. When Keary got injured Flanno wasn't up to it despite being surrounded by superstars. There's a good reason why the Chooks are letting him go... they have someone younger and much better coming through in Sam Walker."
How accurate was my assessment?
How did I know that? Because I watched a fair few Chooks games and pretty much every game Flanno did what I mentioned above.
How many tries has Flanno scored all year from running and breaking the line? None?
How many times did Flanno put his body on the line to commit defenders to set up a hole and put a player through it? Off the time of my head I'll say less than 2 all year.
If Flanno is as good as you're saying then he must be killing it in reserves setting up tries at will against a bunch of nevilles. Is that happening?
If you think Flanno is a genuine HB then you are the one who doesn’t understand the game and what a half back does.

Last edited:

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet the team functions better with Averillo who isn't a halfback. Flanagan is garbage, trash.
The team functions better. What do you actually base this on. I believe we haven’t won any more games with Averillo at half back than we did with Flanagan at half back. We lost to a horribly out of form Raiders team who were down to 11 men with Averillo at half back. Raiders have not won a game for weeks before playing us and have knit managed a win against a rabble of a broncos team since.
But hey keep kidding yourself that Averillo is a half back. There is no basis to your argument that the team functions better. The facts are simple Flanagan has more try assists from 3 less games. Perhaps playing in the halves with Averillo disrupted Flanagans game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The team functions better. What do you actually base this on. I believe we haven’t won any more games with Averillo at half back than we did with Flanagan at half back. We lost to a horribly out of form Raiders team who were down to 11 men with Averillo at half back. Raiders have not won a game for weeks before playing us and have knit managed a win against a rabble of a broncos team since.
But hey keep kidding yourself that Averillo is a half back. There is no basis to your argument that the team functions better. The facts are simple Flanagan has more try assists from 3 less games. Perhaps playing in the halves with Averillo disrupted Flanagans game.
LOL

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I missed the "Big Man" Darryl Brohman
Alot of that was great coaching and recruitment spotting. Different era. Forwards were unheralded then. The backs were mostly the heroes.