Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, you always side with the kiwi in these discussions :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
A good player with experience to help us through this time is needed , kiwi , not kiwi , it’s coincidence!! It’s whom we are talking about, an fucking oath I want us to sign him, we have the fox, we have burton , we now need SJ.

if it benefits the BULLDOGS , and it does , I’m all for it.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You're right. There are some dumb clubs in this comp. Didn't Nth Qld pay 800k for Townsend? He's not even worth 350k. That's why Flanno is such a dud, his game looks identical to Townsend with that useless slow drift across field throwing inside pass to flat footed forward getting smashed by the defence.
Imagine if Townsend breaks his leg at Warriors .... uh oh :grinning:

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good player with experience to help us through this time is needed , kiwi , not kiwi , it’s coincidence!! It’s whom we are talking about, an fucking oath I want us to sign him, we have the fox, we have burton , we now need SJ.

if it benefits the BULLDOGS , and it does , I’m all for it.!!
A bonus on having kiwis is not having them suffer long term injuries from irrelevant matches with guaranteed injuries known as State of Origin.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine if we manage to sign Johnson, B Smith, Burton, JAC, and Naden!!! Will be the best recruitment drive in our history!
Unfortunately we Won’t get Smith, he won’t leave storm, seems like he’s very content being a storm player, again only my gut feeling, on the flip side, yes all would be very good signings.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is a better nothing, Averillo is playing halfback because that **** was fucking useless.
Avo isn’t a half backs arsehole. He is a ball runner and nothing more. He couldn’t organise a root in a brothel .

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flannagan would not make the line-up for local touch footy side in the shire, that's how bad he is.
He would still.be scared to take the line on......

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
James Fisher Harris has re-signed with Penrith for 4 more years @$800k a season and so Kikau leaving has legs .. no way they can retain him after all the spending they’ve done.
What about Capwell? Isn't he off contract?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"Flanno is a better 7 than Avo."
In the words of McEnroe, you cannot be serious.
>"Avo had no game awareness"
I posted on another thread somewhere that Avo screwed up with that stupid pass. However how is Flanno's awareness any better? What about our first match against St George where our forward dominated in the first half and gifted Flanno field position in the red zone and Flanno kicks out on the full on the first tackle? Time and time again when he was in prime attacking position because of our forwards Flanno screwed up on the last play so bad in that match that TB hooked him off at half time.
>"Flannos passing and kicking game are reasonable"
How many times does he engage the defence and put a player through a hole with his passing? He is so scared of getting hit that he passes so early before the line that the defence knows exactly where the ball is going and they smash the dogs player who catches it.
If Flanno's passing and kicking was as good as you are suggesting then he should be killing it in reserves and setting up several tries per match.
>"My point was that a half back needs to direct a team around the park as well as being able to run."
Please explain how does Flanno direct a team around the park? Throwing meaningless passes 5 times per set and kick a bomb on the last is not directing a time around the park.
If you have to ask the question then you don’t understand the game and what a half back does.
If you want to discuss passing and kicking game analyses this Flanno has 1 more try assist this season than Avo does and has played 3 less games. So I would say his passing and kicking game is shown to be much more effective . But hey enjoy watching Jake Forest Gump play half back( Run Jakey Run) because that’s all he is good for.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Imagine if we manage to sign Johnson, B Smith, Burton, JAC, and Naden!!! Will be the best recruitment drive in our history!
Don't know about that.
1984 - Peter Kelly, Peter Tunks, David Gillespie, Steve O'Brien, Brian Battese.
Resulted in a Premiership, although did make the prelim final in 1983.
Came off a good base.