Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There has been at this stage no confirmation of SJ signing. If he does great. With Flanno playing reggie
Hopefully he learns. If not. We have a tonne of talent coming through.
really the opportunity is Flannigans to lose. It’s up to him! Take it with two hands or spit the dummy. Spitting the dummy will only get him to the end of his current contract. Then one the talented halves comming through will take his spot

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has been at this stage no confirmation of SJ signing. If he does great. With Flanno playing reggie
Hopefully he learns. If not. We have a tonne of talent coming through.
really the opportunity is Flannigans to lose. It’s up to him! Take it with two hands or spit the dummy. Spitting the dummy will only get him to the end of his current contract. Then one the talented halves comming through will take his spot
Totally agree he should have this winner’s attitude but appears to have an entitlement attitude unfortunately.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need to have a balance though of being able to run and lead the team around the park. We have the problem with Averillo that he is only a ball runner no direction , no kicking game . I still believe Flanno can be taught to run the footy more and could improve. I don’t mind him being around the squad as back up if we sign Johnson
Thats factually incorrect. Averilo has a pretty decent kicking game. He just lacks the experience to make the right kick on every play.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im pretty sure if we sign SJ then there will be a host.of clubs stupid enough and ready to buy Flanagan especially at 400k a year..
Ssshhhhhh!!
I'm hoping they will be as dumb as us.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Im pretty sure if we sign SJ then there will be a host.of clubs stupid enough and ready to buy Flanagan especially at 400k a year..
Honestly can’t see anyone pick him up for more than Min wage at this point. His rep is shot and rightfully so.
Even for everyone saying ‘Shane gets a job and he will follow’ forgot that the club hierarchy will have to approve and if they sniff nepotism they will veto it the way Storm vetoed Chris Anderson’s attempts to get his loser son to the club. Takes a special player to get booted from a successful team then the worst team.
Of course. We could hope that Shane get approval to get him for min wage and Kyle agrees. But a lot of variables yo.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly can’t see anyone pick him up for more than Min wage at this point. His rep is shot and rightfully so.
Even for everyone saying ‘Shane gets a job and he will follow’ forgot that the club hierarchy will have to approve and if they sniff nepotism they will veto it the way Storm vetoed Chris Anderson’s attempts to get his loser son to the club. Takes a special player to get booted from a successful team then the worst team.
Of course. We could hope that Shane get approval to get him for min wage and Kyle agrees. But a lot of variables yo.
He hasn’t played for the donkeys ?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben anderson played for storm. What am i missing here?

Agree though that flannos value has gone down heaps after his stint with roosters and us.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're relying on someone picking up his dad and hoping he takes his son. With sj and burton next year I don't think Kyle will see 1st grade for us again
Of course not. I meant first grade this year

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tough little halfback that wasnt scared to dig in and always kicked over the advantage line driving the ball low and hard so the fullback couldn't get it on the full. Today's a lot of the mediocre halves getting around today could learn a few things from watching old footage of Noddy
The 7 tackle set definitely changed the way they kick for territory in today's game. Just another rule change that wasn't needed imo. They already get to advance the ball 20m for nothing, surely they don't require an extra tackle. Next thing you know your under the pump at your end and struggle to make even less ground on your next set. It just compounds your mistakes.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers have Hastings for next season and even Brooks is better than Flanno.. Titans if Ash Taylor gets moved on may be a thing though
But tigers are a basket case, they seem to sign anyone on the market, I'm hoping they continue their stupidity

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We're relying on someone picking up his dad and hoping he takes his son. With sj and burton next year I don't think Kyle will see 1st grade for us again
Both Flannos need to realise that as well and Snr start looking for a job. Probably SL.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they moved Brooks on
Agree, the brooks experiment is over for them, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they re-signed him for another 3 years. Never know the silliness from Tigers

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats factually incorrect. Averilo has a pretty decent kicking game. He just lacks the experience to make the right kick on every play.
His long kicking game is about 15-20m short of what is needed.

Lack of depth combined with not finding the grass costs us so much field position.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How sad have our signing and resignings been for 2021 .
The five signings by Barrett have totally misfired and offered very little individually and collectively.
Cotric-underwhelming
Flano-Reserve grader
Waddell-weak as piss
Hetherington-too many penalties in him
Allan-underwhelming
Elliott resigning dud decision
Me thinks close two million Barrett just threw in the bin with these decisions.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric is a great player. I think he was signed before Barrett got the job. Hetherington has been good. And as much as Elliott pisses me off with his stupid attempts at offload and poor decision making he at least can bust a tackle and takes on the line hard. Waddell and Allan were definitely not required. Flano could still be redeemed if partnered with quality and not forced to kick every set. He at least has vision in attack and has a good passing game but if we get Johnson he has not future at the club.