Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are probably trying to front load a few contracts this year to save even more money in the cap next year (if that is still allowed).
I think the NRL put a limit or percentage on the amount of variation year to year in player contracts because of the back ended deals that Des and others started.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but think we could of jagged a couple of more wins if he wasn't playing earlier in the season.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are probably trying to front load a few contracts this year to save even more money in the cap next year (if that is still allowed).
I think we might be paying full freight this season for DWZ in exchange for the Warriors paying a bigger amount than they probably wanted to next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to us offloading Flanagan at 400k if we sign Johnson for 450k.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith already said no to Naden coming early. Cronulla are in contention for 8th so probably wont get rid of SJ considering there is still hope for them. Could be wrong though as they've still got Moylan and Townsend there..
Apparently they are having discussions with Cowboys around releasing Townsend.... I think Sharks would only release SJ early if they got Hynes early and we all know how Melbourne are...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet we could dress Wakeham up in a Panthers jersey and Kikau in a Dogs jersey and no one would know.
as long as no one is around them for size comparison... Wakeham is definitely a mini me for Kikau...

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how much freight we have to pay for other club to take flanno away?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon England would be good for him. Maybe we can get a player in return?
Yeah he probably needs to go there to get away from the NRL and work on his game. Similar to Jackson Hastings.

The interesting thing is that several ESL clubs have been offering his dad a job but so far he has knocked them back. If he wants a job there he can obviously get one and take Kyle with him. We might not even have to pay much freight.

I dont think we need a player in return. Just take him off our hands and we use the money to sign a hooker and some forwards.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently they are having discussions with Cowboys around releasing Townsend.... I think Sharks would only release SJ early if they got Hynes early and we all know how Melbourne are...
Hopefully, we can send Flanagan to the sharks. I also read Townstead to the warriors for a short term solution. I cannot see Melbourne letting Hynes early because of the Pap situation.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good luck to us offloading Flanagan at 400k if we sign Johnson for 450k.
if we can afford to keep him without stuffing the cap, then he is good back up if Johnson gets injured