Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think since we have wakeham should play him at hooker no need to spend money on jmk for another year.
1 avo
6 burton
7 SJ
9 wakeham
I respect your thoughts mate. But I’m a big JMK fan, and have been from the start, as most know.. so I can’t agree, I think wakeham is trash and jmk should def keep 9 if we don’t get a star signing for the role..!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem with that is, if Flanagan keeps playing shit then no one will want him. But he's struggling in Reserves and they scout those games anyway so it's the same thing really.. Hopefully he shows something and attracts interest from another club.

I'm still indifferent on signing Johnson and wouldn't hate it if we did. But if we did, then moving Jake to fullback this season makes sense.
What annoys me a little though is that we should have been in the market for Adam Reynolds when he was available. If that means that we have 5 guys on minimum wage in the top 30 then so be it. An experienced half who can manage a game is what we need to usher in all these young rookies we are bringing through. Johnson isn't that guy but he's far more competent than Wakeham, Lewis or Flanagan. If the rumoured price of $500k a season is true then that's not a bad deal.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect your thoughts mate. But I’m a big JMK fan, and have been from the start, as most know.. so I can’t agree, I think wakeham is trash and jmk should def keep 9 if we don’t get a star signing for the role..!
I agree scoob but gee he went missing a lot in the second half today and has done that most of his career. Maybe he did a fair bit of work in the first half and got tired...only been back 2 weeks. Hopefully his firness improves quickly.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree scoob but gee he went missing a lot in the second half today and has done that most of his career. Maybe he did a fair bit of work in the first half and got tired...only been back 2 weeks. Hopefully his firness improves quickly.
he was second up from a spell, never fires second up.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me a little though is that we should have been in the market for Adam Reynolds when he was available. If that means that we have 5 guys on minimum wage in the top 30 then so be it. An experienced half who can manage a game is what we need to usher in all these young rookies we are bringing through. Johnson isn't that guy but he's far more competent than Wakeham, Lewis or Flanagan. If the rumoured price of $500k a season is true then that's not a bad deal.
We couldnt have afforded him mate. We would have had to offer at least $900k and we simply couldnt spend that much on a half when we already have Flanno and Burton under contract for next year. SJ for $500k is a better deal.

Yes its important to have good halves but it wont mean shit if we dont have a good hooker and good middles.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we bought Naden to start in the reserves, maybe if he turns out like Allan (so far) he'll be in reserves later on.
Hahahaha you’re right, and it was just an oversight, I forgot him. I mention him in all other scenarios I post

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was killing it last year. Pretty sure he was first or second in the NRL for try assists. He's been getting an unfair rap lately.
Works for us though, means we get him cheaper

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We couldnt have afforded him mate. We would have had to offer at least $900k and we simply couldnt spend that much on a half when we already have Flanno and Burton under contract for next year. SJ for $500k is a better deal.

Yes its important to have good halves but it wont mean shit if we dont have a good hooker and good middles.
Fair enough but how does Melbourne pay Hughes & Munster?

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The spine and the middles is what needs to be spent on .
Naden is a terrible signing ( I don’t care if it’s cheap or not )
Allen along with him also .

we need Brandon smith and we need two genuine middles
Id like foutaika and finucane