Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JMK isn’t actually that bad bro. At least he can tackle. Gets over the ad line well. At least he doesn’t cost us games like dopey Katoa.
But he isn't that good either, probably bottom 4 hooker at absolute best right now. He's okay depth but we need to aim higher.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what happens. Surely raiders and others will be interested too, hopefully it doesn’t turn into a bidding war. $500k for a couple of years would be a good outcome.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JMK isn’t actually that bad bro. At least he can tackle. Gets over the ad line well. At least he doesn’t cost us games like dopey Katoa.
he definitely isn’t good, he just doesn’t look that bad because we have copped katoa all year who is even worse with his foward passes..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
When he was at the dogs yeah, pretty close afterwards (nothing worth gloating about whoever is the winner there).
Reminds me of the South Park episode. Giant douche and turd sambo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the level of player we are talking about.. I really do not want to see another season of JMK starting at hooker.
I think almost everyone is with you, I don't mind him as a cheap back-up. We just need to hope we're able to get one of the guns contracted.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah if we have SJ for 2 years with Burton and Avo I don’t see where Flanno fits in.
If we sign Johnson

NRL
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Johnson

NSW Cup
6. Wakeham
7. Flanagan

Even if we move Flanagan on we're contributing close to half. Even the Roosters had to chip in 100k for us to take him and he's even more stained now.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign Johnson

NRL
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Johnson

NSW Cup
6. Wakeham
7. Flanagan

Even if we move Flanagan on we're contributing close to half. Even the Roosters had to chip in 100k for us to take him and he's even more stained now.
Good thing is it’s only $400k it’s not a huge deal if we had to chip in half. We would just have weigh up if its worth keeping him as depth or not. And nobody else would take him anyway.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good thing is it’s only $400k it’s not a huge deal if we had to chip in half. We would just have weigh up if its worth keeping him as depth or not. And nobody else would take him anyway.
and we also have BBO and Rajab coming through and we don't want to lose either of those 2 (at least before giving them a go).

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
normally, you would think the Sharks would take Flanagan back but not with Fitzgibbon coming in as coach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what happens. Surely raiders and others will be interested too, hopefully it doesn’t turn into a bidding war. $500k for a couple of years would be a good outcome.
You just say to SJ and his manager look you haven't won anything at club level... I know Dogs have struggled but we are on the rise with the signings we've made and other suites like Canberra have had their premiership window close... Join us for a little less cash and a chance at glory