Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Flano to reggies to act as cover for Burton and Johnson . If he played well enough to force his away into the team it’s a win all round. Barrett needs to have the ability to admit Flano is not the answer, to pivot and move in a new direction. All great leaders have this ability.
So we are paying Flanagan 450k to act as cover for the halves if Johnson comes? Great fukin decision barett....and to think when he signed him he will be as good as Cleary one day...just lol...fuckin lol

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah Sezer is rubbish, a fit Shaun Johnson is exactly what we need, but not for anywhere near 800 though
Johnson will want a big pay day considering this will be likely his last contract....I’m tipping him to get a big pay day with a UK club

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If SJ comes here you can pretty much guarantee that Flanno is going elsewhere imo.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if Flanno could be taught to pass off the ground ? We still have no Hooker and don’t look like signing one. Could we manufacture one

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder if Flanno could be taught to pass off the ground ? We still have no Hooker and don’t look like signing one. Could we manufacture one
Good shoutout but he feel he would very similar to JMK without a running game.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson 23 try assists in 16 games last season. 3 more than any other player and played 4 less games. Are we so sure peeps that we don’t want him. If we could jag him for 500k or less I reckon it’s a bargain signing.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy to think we didn’t even look at Adam Reynolds earlier in the year…I think shaun Johnson improves our team next year but it isn’t a long term solution. If we grab him it may help us get other players like smith…best option out there at the moment…

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy to think we didn’t even look at Adam Reynolds earlier in the year…I think shaun Johnson improves our team next year but it isn’t a long term solution. If we grab him it may help us get other players like smith…best option out there at the moment…
Do we need to be thinking long term when there is nothing long term available .Johnson helps us out of the doldrums in the short term. 2 year contract would be a smart signing . We need to start winning again . Reynolds is same age as Johnson tbh.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Experienced heads are key i don’t give a fuck what anyone says look when we had Foran definitely wasn’t worth the money but when he was fit he was involved and he was the leading the team around and we had some direction no one can say we didn’t look better with him on the field even if it was only a little bit Johnson would be a handy pick up if the price was alright