Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we could get him cheap, Burton and SJ in the halves (just for his experience). I posted this awhile ago, but he is definitely leaving the Sharks. Get him Baz. We can't score points and Shaun Johnson can! DO IT

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's no band aid. I think he has 3 good years in him.
FB Avo,
Wings JAC, Cotric, Oken
Centres Shoupp, Naden,
Halves Burton, Johnson, Flanno
Front row Thommo, Hetho, Ava
2nd Row Jacko, Renouf, RFM
Hooker.....We are fucked!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Usually I'd be against the idea due to his knack of going missing and not being consistent enough as a marquee player but with the lack quality halves available, I'd be happy if the club got him for cheap for 2 years..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is a pity about Johnson that he spent the majority of his career at the Warriors and Sharks (with all due respect)... could have been one of the best in the game

past his best now and we NEED FORWARDS!

the Sharks may be willing to want Flanagan back having lost Townsend and now Shaun Johnson

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you sign Johnson now, part of the salary has to be incentive based as to games played, wins etc.

simply signing Johnson now on guaranteed big money would be foolish

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a talented player but he's almost always injured, he'd be after 500k plus and would want a 2-3 year deal..

That's a lot of risk for a half who's best footy is behind him and who is a defensive liability, goes missing in key moments and misses a tonne of games.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't have anyone on our team who move ANYTHING like Johnson. Our most elusive player is Avo and he doesn't run the ball. SIGH

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Johnson has never had a good half next to him. It would just need to be the right price.