Sharks superstar Ben Barba in cocaine crisis just days after 2016 NRL Premiership win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought they said last night on the news that his first game banned was the Challenge Cup game, so does that mean he only has 11 NRL games to miss.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OH FUCK OFF SHANE FLAGGONAGAIN!

Your team dodged the peptides bullet, and got a maiden grand final win .. what more do you want you cheating fucksticks??

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sharks-during-suspension-20170118-gtu8wp.html

Cronulla has urged the NRL allow banned fullback Ben Barba to train with the club, saying it's in the best interests for his rehabilitation.

The NRL is yet to register Barba's new one-year deal struck on Wednesday, which came two months after his release by the premiers to deal with personal issues.

Coach Shane Flanagan said the structure of the Sharks' training regime would help Barba.

"Ben, he's been through - and he's still going through - a rehabilitation program. He's got a lot of work to do,"
"But part of that program is getting back and doing some training with us, if possible.
"He's not going to play for at least half the season. We're not too worried about that.
"But we'd like to think integration back into training and getting a bit of schedule will help Benny, so that's the plan."

UNQUOTE

I bet the shitcunts fold and allow this ..... fuck the NRL... seriously.. pull your fingers out and ban the drug cheat for life (Mullens too).

NRL are being told how to run their own game by coaches now otherwise.
Media has one rule for bulldogs another rule for anyone else.

Bulldogs : criticize the F out of them

Any one else: Sob stories

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Three strikes and HE is out.
Reckon it's 4 strikes - 2 goes on the cocaine in 2012 and 2016. And 'surprisingly' they were the only 2 years he was fast. In between he was 3-5 metres slower. The prick should be banned for life.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OH FUCK OFF SHANE FLAGGONAGAIN!

Your team dodged the peptides bullet, and got a maiden grand final win .. what more do you want you cheating fucksticks??

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sharks-during-suspension-20170118-gtu8wp.html

Cronulla has urged the NRL allow banned fullback Ben Barba to train with the club, saying it's in the best interests for his rehabilitation.

The NRL is yet to register Barba's new one-year deal struck on Wednesday, which came two months after his release by the premiers to deal with personal issues.

Coach Shane Flanagan said the structure of the Sharks' training regime would help Barba.

"Ben, he's been through - and he's still going through - a rehabilitation program. He's got a lot of work to do,"
"But part of that program is getting back and doing some training with us, if possible.
"He's not going to play for at least half the season. We're not too worried about that.
"But we'd like to think integration back into training and getting a bit of schedule will help Benny, so that's the plan."

UNQUOTE

I bet the shitcunts fold and allow this ..... fuck the NRL... seriously.. pull your fingers out and ban the drug cheat for life (Mullens too).

NRL are being told how to run their own game by coaches now otherwise.

Why should there be one rule for the Sharks and bugger everyone else? Barba is always going through some sort of rehab and I am betting my bottom dollar that he has been in more strife whilst at the Sharks than has ever been reported.

The club has a drug culture as much as they like to protest that the 'peptide scandal' was not of their doing. How could they state that no one had any idea of what was going on? Flanagan was even suspended from coaching for it ( lack of duty of care) and I am sure that if it had been warranted as false that he would have taken the NRL and the club to court.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-12/questions-linger-over-cronullas-nrl-asada-deal/5740936

Flanagan was given a nine-month ban last December for failing in his duty of care as a head coach. Since then he has completed a course in management and governance.

The ban ends next Wednesday and he is due to make a presentation to the NRL in a bid to convince the organisation he is a fit and proper person to coach again.

If he is accepted, he will take up a three-year contract with the Sharks.

It is not as if this is anything that the NRL has not done before in stopping players from training.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...r/news-story/605786b027de06e1f3919147dde4a7b4

SUSPENDED Titans players Albert Kelly and Luke Douglas could be banned from attending the Gold Coast’s end-of-season presentation dinner.

The revelation comes as the players suspended over the Cronulla supplements scandal may yet be prevented from attending rugby league’s gala evening — the Dally M Awards in Sydney — as the NRL mulls over further penalties.

Twelve NRL-contracted players — including Douglas and Kelly — last week accepted backdated one-year suspensions after an Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigation into Cronulla’s 2011 supplements program.

The NRL has informed clubs the players cannot play or train with the club until November 23 but specific guidelines on the suspensions are yet to be issued.

Players are allowed to attend social functions but the NRL is yet to decide if they can attend awards nights and the Dally M count.

An NRL statement issued to the Bulletin said: “ ... suspended players would be prohibited from training or playing with their clubs during the suspension period.

Any player who has been found guilty of indiscretions at another club and suspended in this manner has been precluded from training with his team mates, old or new depending on whether he has changed clubs . ( Auva'a is one that comes to mind). They serve their sentence. I liken the Barba situation to this as being a 'new' player. I say NEW because the club and Barba came to a mutual 'agreement' that he would leave the club ( although it was stated as Barba making the decision to ask for a release therefore meaning he was a free agent).

The Nrl said themselves that had he stayed with the club and taken his punishment as a paid up member of the squad that he would probably be entitled to at least train with them.

If money is an issue or time on his hands, let him continue his paid work on the building site until he is ruled eligible to recommence playing the game in Round 13 because as it stands, the Sharks would not be paying him until he was able to play unless of course they are completely stupid. I am sure that they would rather get half a season of play at a reduced rate rather than footing the whole bill and having it under the salary cap as a player payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.