Sharks superstar Ben Barba in cocaine crisis just days after 2016 NRL Premiership win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This Thailand rehab facility, really must be something.
They have an alcohol abuse section.
A drug abuse section.
A domestic violence section.
And a beastiality section.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i vouch for the beastiality section tbh, since my visit and for 8 years i havent thought about fish as sexual objects

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh shit i just thought about it now ffs, woot woot im going fishing baby

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I promise... I only had THIS much.... really!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And trump has just swept this under the carpet

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The cynic in me says the Sharks have their own angle in this.
They make sure Barba gets tested, knowing its his second strike and is 100% going to come back positive. Release him from his $650k contract, send him away to Thailand, then get him back for next year and beyond at half the price..

Sounds like a great outcome

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Somebody has to explain to him that ladyboys can actually hit back if he hits them.

Reactions: Dw

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Somebody has to explain to him that ladyboys can actually hit back if he hits them.
Some ladyboys are pretty brutal. Lots of drugs, hormones and muay thai training. A mate of mine got mugged by a gang of them once. He didn't stand a chance.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I did my share of stupid things (including recreational drug taking) when I was a youngster.

But, most people reach a point in their life where they have to be more responsible, or at least understand what should be their priorities. This includes things like fatherhood or being paid half a million bucks a year to play footy.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I did my share of stupid things (including recreational drug taking) when I was a youngster.

But, most people reach a point in their life where they have to be more responsible, or at least understand what should be their priorities. This includes things like fatherhood or being paid half a million bucks a year to play footy.
Exactly, and Mr Barba has been a daddy for many years. Responsibility is too difficult to spell for some, let alone put into practice, obviously he fails badly at both spelling and doing.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Gosh I love Singapore!!

Oh the locals thought I was another crazy Ang Moh tonight when I saw this poignant advertising.

#BagDownBenny right on so many levels

~c.

Attachments

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
According to an article in the Telegraph today, he has been ' quietly' promised a contract at Cronulla next year after he has served his 12 week suspension. Pretty good wicket I reckon, with Cronulla benefiting to the tune of $250k ( their figures for his cancelled contract of next year) and then having him for the second half of the season for probably an incentive based deal. Best of both worlds there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rehabilitation is now over for Mr Barba. He has returned to Australia and for the last week he has been working on a Sydney building site on a $1000 per week salary to get his life in order.

I suppose he should be congratulated and encouraged for getting his life back in order but surely he MUST be on his very last legs and his next indiscretion will mean no more chances ( and I am not only talking about drugs.. he has many unsavoury things in his past behaviour that he needs to never revisit).

How can you put serious issues on the back burner time after time and then really do nothing positive to address them and expect everyone to feel sorry for you? He has been troubled in one way or another since 2012 and in my opinion has taken the easy way out over that time. There were other issues prior to that at our club that never really saw the light of day either. Positive action is required and it will be a foolish person that takes his comments at other than face value...action speaks louder than words and his time for talking is well and truly over.....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-wanted-back-at-club-following-stint-in-rehab

Ben Barba’s return to Cronulla looks increasingly likely after the NRL premiers confirmed they want the star fullback on their playing roster. But Sharks boss Lyall Gorman says the club needs evidence the 27-year-old’s off-field woes are behind him.

Barba will reportedly work as a builder’s labourer over the summer to keep his focus. “The door’s open for him but he’s got to want to come back to football, first of all,” Gorman told Sky Sports Radio on Thursday. “More importantly, he’s got to be settled in his own life.”

Barba has returned to Sydney after spending a month in a Thai rehabilitation centre. He faces a 12-match suspension should he choose to return to the NRL after being released from his contract in the wake of the positive cocaine test last month.

While reports have linked Barba to cashed-up Japanese rugby union clubs, Cronulla players have also backed his return. Barba’s agent Gavin Orr said the Dally M winner would endeavour to “stay busy” while he spends time away from the game.

A lot of rugby league players turn to the drink or get on the punt because they have so much free time, so this [construction job] will be good for Ben,” Orr told News Corp Australia. “To Ben’s credit, he wants to stay active and this will be an important part of his recovery.”

Barba returned the second positive drug test of his career days after the Sharks’ breakthrough grand final win in October. Gorman reiterated it was a “mutual decision” for Barba to be released from his playing contract.

“He needed to be well away from the distractions of professional sport and the demands of professional sport and, for the first time in a long time, focus on himself and his future and his wife,” he said.

“He’s the first to acknowledge, and he put his hand up and said ‘I’ve got some issues I need to address. I’ve put them on the backburner for too long’. If we can look back in 40 years and say, ‘look at Benny and the life he’s led, not just around football’, we’ll be a better club for that and he’ll be a better person.”

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some ladyboys are pretty brutal. Lots of drugs, hormones and muay thai training. A mate of mine got mugged by a gang of them once. He didn't stand a chance.
As long as he just got "mugged" and nothing more. lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
$1000 a week, if that's after tax what's he doing for that money?
$52k a year as a labourer... Hmm

I wonder if that's supplemented with brown paper bags ... with his lunch in it of course!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He'd be doing SFA. Job for the boys from one of the Sharks connections. Some have all the luck.

I'd like to know how he pays off any debt he has each month.

Status
Not open for further replies.