Sharks need to release a player immediately

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cu@ts like living in the past don’t ya’s?! No foresight what so ever.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes back to how much cap space they had left before the fine.
Say they had 100k, they'll need to release a player earning 355k and then sign a player on minimum wage to be cap compliant.
Considering we have 30 players signed up already I highly doubt that we'd be in the market for a player as we'd have to offload a player to bring one in.
I'd take J Moz back
Release Olive on full pay just to free the spot. Or relegate one of the players back to a development contract as we have 1 or 2 development spots still to fill

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume they'll come to us if they cut a player?

Roosters, Broncos or Knights will pick who they want and that player will be released.

hearing its Bronson Xerri or Isaac Lumelume they need to cut. If they have a brain they will release Seggy cause he was the last to sign.
Can't be Segeyaro as NRL haven't registered his contract yet. So when Cronulla clear the cap situation they'll sign him on to join.

Hence one of he braileys would be the smart move given they have Segayaro coming back.

If it's true that they need to shed a player wort $350k a season it gets interesting.

LOL if it was Woods released to Dragons.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roosters, Broncos or Knights will pick who they want and that player will be released.

Can't be Segeyaro as NRL haven't registered his contract yet. So when Cronulla clear the cap situation they'll sign him on to join.

Hence one of he braileys would be the smart move given they have Segayaro coming back.

If it's true that they need to shed a player wort $350k a season it gets interesting.

Hahah may just be!

I don’t know that many other clubs except Dragons (because of Jack De Belin cap relief) have any money left?

I also think most have finalised their 30 man squad?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
been reading sharks forums and some of those idiots think its unfair other clubs arent being targeted and just them for self reporting haha... delusional ***** won a premiership whilst cheating

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
been reading sharks forums and some of those idiots think its unfair other clubs arent being targeted and just them for self reporting haha... delusional ***** won a premiership whilst cheating
That’s the level of intellect these flogs have

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That’s the level of intellect these flogs have
yep no mention of officials involved, numerical values for each season cheated... this is a massive failure to all league fans and further damages the integrity of the sport, which ironically is what todd was looking to restore in some capacity today haha.

As for all clubs that have breached the cap post melbourne have got off fucking easy as... whereas dogs are over in back ended deals and we lose shit loads of players... there is honestly no incentive to play by the rules when all you have to do is cop a fine and move on.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do not be surprised. Plus I think we’re paying part the wage this year am I right ? Or was it as paid for him last year ?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd do Moylan at Fb.

Spine looks better doesn't it...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sharks could release top shelf player and pay 300k of their wage, or release a player signed around that value, either way there will be concessions made so sharks still have 30 players in squad, its a penalty thats not a penalty

nrl have not stated how they have to come under cap, it will be done so as to not impact the sharks

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hearing its Bronson Xerri or Isaac Lumelume they need to cut. If they have a brain they will release Seggy cause he was the last to sign.
If Xerri is as good as some say and we can afford him we should make a play for him if he wants to come of course unlike Fifiata, I think that there is a way to compensate them for releasing him.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Release Olive on full pay just to free the spot. Or relegate one of the players back to a development contract as we have 1 or 2 development spots still to fill
I like that idea. He's pickled, move him on.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If only it was that easy

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yep no mention of officials involved, numerical values for each season cheated... this is a massive failure to all league fans and further damages the integrity of the sport, which ironically is what todd was looking to restore in some capacity today haha.

As for all clubs that have breached the cap post melbourne have got off fucking easy as... whereas dogs are over in back ended deals and we lose shit loads of players... there is honestly no incentive to play by the rules when all you have to do is cop a fine and move on.
The new sanctions just give rich clubs the incentive to go over by half of whatever time they're willing to pay. The salary cap is officially a farce if a suspended fine is the only punishment.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If gallen had any class he would retire to give the club that made him a break. But no this greedy fuck wants to stay. I bet he does a pec this year