Sharks fined as ARL commission deregister Flanagan after investigation.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
May the fine go to the Sharks victims.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am sure none of us here are suprised with what is going on at the Sharks. They have been a basket case financially for years. Drugs, cheating and buying players and staying under cap ?.... surely the Tele crap have been a bit slack in keeping us informed, how convenient. Maybe there is more to come... for sure other clubs have be cheating waiting to get caught and pay a fine rather than lose players and have affect their season. For me well done to the Bulldogs board and management for taking the plunge this year and accepting the criticism to prepare us for the years to come. any wonder I am proud to be a doggies supporter.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$800,000 fine and Flanagan deregistered effective immediately with no time limit set on return.

Cronulla if they are smart should give Anthony Griffin a call ASAP, as well as Cameron Ciraldo and Barrett. Combination of those 3 would be a very astute coaching lineup.

Good luck the shitshow of a club getting any sponsors now though...

Side note... you'd be shitting your underpants as an NRL player in trouble and awaiting review at the moment, because it FINALLY seems like the NRL have had enough, grown a set of balls, and really put their foot down.

Based on this you'd expect Walker, Musgrove, De Belin, and anyone else I've missed out who is awaiting action from the courts would be absolutely sweating bullets if found guilty.

I suspect that this might be a new look of the NRL flexing their muscle and sick to death of stains on the game.
Sign them 3 with what? Fish and chips?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what players contracts will this effect fellas ? Im thinking young flanagan or other sharks or tigers players ?
Wade graham as he said he will wait until what unfolds with flanno. We are stacked In the back row though

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully Dymock gets the head coach gig and drops J Moz to reserve grade again lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Flanagone gets his just desserts as does the club. I wonder if 400k of the fine is the part that was suspended after the initial punishment handed down when the peptides saga was exposed.

Sharks in financial trouble after their little spending spree for 2019 look to be in an even worse position. On selling land that you owned to developers does not always mean great financial success. All it managed to do for them was to pay off 6 million of the debt they had after being behind to the tune of around 13 million in 2011. I believe a supporter coughed up around 3.5 million in a cash injection into the club in 2015.

No sympathy for them at all.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Flanagone gets his just desserts as does the club. I wonder if 400k of the fine is the part that was suspended after the initial punishment handed down when the peptides saga was exposed.

Sharks in financial trouble after their little spending spree for 2019 look to be in an even worse position. On selling land that you owned to developers does not always mean great financial success. All it managed to do for them was to pay off 6 million of the debt they had after being behind to the tune of around 13 million in 2011. I believe a supporter coughed up around 3.5 million in a cash injection into the club in 2015.

No sympathy for them at all.
Very poorly managed club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man this club is stoopid, it cheats, then cheats the punishment then dobs itself in, who appointed this dumbo CEO?
Flanagone is gunna smack him out.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So they use performance enhancing drugs in 13, are illegally coached in 14, over the cap in 15 & 17 but everything was good, when they won the comp in 16 ?
Right.
Building to something special as they say

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brailey brothers... what's happening boys? Give Chris Anderson a call.

*fingers crossed for coach clauses*

Sign them 3 with what? Fish and chips?
I meant a combination of any of those 3.

Sharts can apparently pay the $800k but still have no jersey sponsor.

I can feel the heavy axe of the NRL slowly breathing down their neck if they flop this season.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Sharts".

Hello, new name for Cokenulla.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they use performance enhancing drugs in 13, are illegally coached in 14, over the cap in 15 & 17 but everything was good, when they won the comp in 16 ?
Right.
Nothing to see here .. in other news “bulldogs fined for breathing oxygen and drinking water from the tap”

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around 12-18 months ago I wrote on here about a mate's brother being at a NRL function of some sort in Qld where he was told by someone either in or connected to the NRL that there was an approximate 2 years or so timeframe to get rid of 2 Sydney clubs for the purposes of expanding the comp for teams from interstate etc.

I find it interesting that after we copped a ridiculous fine for Mad Monday we have these large fines for the Tigers and Sharks. While I can only speculate on this, it seems the NRL will now impose huge fines on Sydney clubs going forward, and I can't help but think they have smelt blood here with currently, probably the two weakest Sydney clubs when it comes to finances.

Maybe they have identified their two targets.