Sharks financial trouble!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NIL - he took a pay cut last year to go there....
Klemmer is gonna make up the difference to Woods with his new Newcastle contract.... lol lol
Don't think its that simple. The dogs said we will not pay any more then X. The sharks didn't pick up the rest. Sharon wanted to go and was getting tired of both sides not budging he said I will forgo the difference. Meaning lets say he was on 850, the dogs said we will only pay 150 and shark would only offer him $600. Sharon is only getting paid $750,000 (Not quoting actual figures) so he took a paycut.

Wonder how he is feeling now that he went to a club to be competitive, but the club is a rabble, they lose their best player and can't even afford computers.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think its that simple. The dogs said we will not pay any more then X. The sharks didn't pick up the rest. Sharon wanted to go and was getting tired of both sides not budging he said I will forgo the difference. Meaning lets say he was on 850, the dogs said we will only pay 150 and shark would only offer him $600. Sharon is only getting paid $750,000 (Not quoting actual figures) so he took a paycut.

Wonder how he is feeling now that he went to a club to be competitive, but the club is a rabble, they lose their best player and can't even afford computers.
thanks for clearing that up....

the guy is cursed..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Firstly, I will say that the NRL should not be propping up any struggling club.

But if I was a sharks fan, i'd still be a bit dirty that Knights, Dragons, Titans, Tigers etc got so much help.

But, on the other hand, if the sharks, still fairly fresh from their first premiership and owning its own stadium and land (which no other Club has), then they must be really shit.
Owning your own stadium is actually a big money drain for clubs. They have to pay for the maintenance and everything involved to keep it running. Unless you can find events for it through out the year then it’s not worth having. We got paid to pay at ANZ so we will make a profit no matter how many spectators show up if the Sharks don’t get a certain crowd figure they lose money.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

But if I was a sharks fan, i'd still be a bit dirty that Knights, Dragons, Titans, Tigers etc got so much help.

But, on the other hand, if the sharks, still fairly fresh from their first premiership and owning its own stadium and land (which no other Club has), then they must be really shit.
I think those clubs you mentioned received the financial assistance prior to the increase in funding from nrl. The nrl has also introduced soft cap to limit the spending on football operations so they dont have to provide assistance like before

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck it maybe they should start using and selling peptides again :grinning: Karma is a bitch. Fold mother fuckers, fold!!!!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No wonder they didn't fight to keep Valentine Holmes.

Will they be handing these out.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

To think Lyal Gorman couldnt make much of a difference, and now he is trying to rehabilitate manly. Good luck pal!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Owning your own stadium is actually a big money drain for clubs. They have to pay for the maintenance and everything involved to keep it running. Unless you can find events for it through out the year then it’s not worth having. We got paid to pay at ANZ so we will make a profit no matter how many spectators show up if the Sharks don’t get a certain crowd figure they lose money.
Is toyota park actually considered a stadium? Fucking LoL!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its a bit unfair that teams like brisbane who is a one team city with unlimited sponsorship options can receive as much as a sydney team that is batlling for survival in the sponsorship market along with 8 other teams.
Im not suggessting cutting brisbanes funding (oh fuck it, who gives a shit anyway right?) But with the same aamount of ffunding they are clearly much much better off then any sydney club could hope to be!!! There is a definate mismatch going on!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a bit unfair that teams like brisbane who is a one team city with unlimited sponsorship options can receive as much as a sydney team that is batlling for survival in the sponsorship market along with 8 other teams.
Im not suggessting cutting brisbanes funding (oh fuck it, who gives a shit anyway right?) But with the same aamount of ffunding they are clearly much much better off then any sydney club could hope to be!!! There is a definate mismatch going on!!
The AFL I think give different grants to clubs on perceived need. The most funding goes to newly formed expansion teams (like GWS an Gold Coast a few years ago), as well as the struggling Melbourne sides (like St Kilda). An argument could also be given the other way though - Broncs could argue that as the bigest revenue puller in the code, they should be given the biggest share.

The whole system was messed up in the 80s when the NSWRL allowed the Gronks to join its competition. I appreciate that simply forming a comp of NSWRL combined with QRL was not going to work at the time due to the huge difference in the wealth of Clubs (driven mostly by pokie revenue with QLD only getting the machines in 1992).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope they suffer and Flanno gets sacked and we end up with his son and best mate Brailey

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing under the cap with Dugan, Fifita, Morris, Gallen, Graham, Johnson, Moylan, Woods etc, and we're supposedly under salary cap pressure with a bunch of fringe reserve graders. What a joke

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the old saying goes a lie has no legs. You can't get away with a lie; the truth will always come out. Screw the Sharks and Flanno the cheating *****. That dope pusher should never have been permitted back into the NRL coaching ranks but we all know the truth, that the NRL is a toothless tiger run by a bunch of dip shits that would not know how to wank themselves to an orgasm. What else would you expect from a club whose CEO was busted taking cocaine in the clubs parking lot. Relocate them, merge them or let them die a slow painful death they deserve nothing better.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this pathetic club gets de- registered.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best news I've read in months.....
Perth sharks sounds good

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sharks admin Xmas party will be .....*crickets* this year

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it didn’t come from the telegraph this would be interesting but due to there ability to just print bullshit any time they want I’m not as excited as I’d like to be to see the sharks relocate or disappear