share trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Lol. Seriously? Did PH recommended QE for australia?
Yeah in one of her first speeches she said to get us out of debt we should just print more money lol.

I've just opened an E*Trade account to play around with. Anyone got one? Any tips would be great appreciated
Cheers!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah in one of her first speeches she said to get us out of debt we should just print more money lol.

I've just opened an E*Trade account to play around with. Anyone got one? Any tips would be great appreciated
Cheers!
Whats an E trade account? is it similar to commsec trading account?

I think when every one is printing money , why should not Australia do that too. after all our debt has significantly grown to 667 Billion Dollars. Australia has to start living within it means and this bloody aussie dollar has to go down to 50 cents to revive the crippling economy.

Interesting few days with Greek situation.

Not sure where to invest these days, gold is down, oil is down, iron ore is down, coal is down, the entire world economy is down, US economy has got blanket cover on its economical problems.

N

Natboy

Whats an E trade account? is it similar to commsec trading account?

I think when every one is printing money , why should not Australia do that too. after all our debt has significantly grown to 667 Billion Dollars. Australia has to start living within it means and this bloody aussie dollar has to go down to 50 cents to revive the crippling economy.

Interesting few days with Greek situation.

Not sure where to invest these days, gold is down, oil is down, iron ore is down, coal is down, the entire world economy is down, US economy has got blanket cover on its economical problems.
Yeah it is. I've got shares but have never managed them online. I told my broker I want a few grand to muck around with and buy and sell some for fun and see if I can make money but will take his advise on the rest.

I've got a few o/s trips planned and I'm not happy about the dollar but it's been coming

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it is. I've got shares but have never managed them online. I told my broker I want a few grand to muck around with and buy and sell some for fun and see if I can make money but will take his advise on the rest.

I've got a few o/s trips planned and I'm not happy about the dollar but it's been coming
so you want tips on which stocks to pick?

short term, you cant put finger on anything at the moment.

Long term you can not go wrong with FMG, STO and SXY as i think oil will come back to normal levels. STO and SXY has been hammered pretty badly. FMG has a lot of debt but they also have a lot of cash. they are bringing their avg./ ton price down to $ 20 so that will pay dividends in 1-2 years time.

DYOR.

N

Natboy

so you want tips on which stocks to pick?

short term, you cant put finger on anything at the moment.

Long term you can not go wrong with FMG, STO and SXY as i think oil will come back to normal levels. STO and SXY has been hammered pretty badly. FMG has a lot of debt but they also have a lot of cash. they are bringing their avg./ ton price down to $ 20 so that will pay dividends in 1-2 years time.

DYOR.
I am more interested in how people use the site and tips on making the most of the account without losing all of your profits in fees
I know you won't go too wrong with the ASX200 etc but I would like to take a few risks without being irresponsible

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Share tip check out unilife as a solid spec share...

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am more interested in how people use the site and tips on making the most of the account without losing all of your profits in fees
I know you won't go too wrong with the ASX200 etc but I would like to take a few risks without being irresponsible
I have found bell potter to be the cheapest online site. Big 4 sites are pretty pricey.
Just don't invest more than you can happily lose and you should be right.
I personally find it stressful when pun have a decent portfolio.
You have to try and stay on top of the news and it's always a worry that when you are sleeping the proverbial can hit the fan in us/Europe and you are farked the next day!

N

Natboy

I have found bell potter to be the cheapest online site. Big 4 sites are pretty pricey.
Just don't invest more than you can happily lose and you should be right.
I personally find it stressful when pun have a decent portfolio.
You have to try and stay on top of the news and it's always a worry that when you are sleeping the proverbial can hit the fan in us/Europe and you are farked the next day!
Thanks a lot for the tips mate. I'm looking forward to playing around with it!

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the tips mate. I'm looking forward to playing around with it!
You can always play the "share market" game on asx site amongst others. You can invest a fictional amount and track your gains/losses.

N

Natboy

I'll definitely do that. I've started a market watch where you can use pretend money.
It appears my account isn't 100% active so I have to ring them today

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant be bothered looking for a past similar thread.

Is anyone here who trades shares?

Whats your opinion on current situation. Oil down 70%, iron ore down 70%, coal down a gazillion %, gold already down 30% and heading lower.

I think there is some huge amount of money to be made medium to long term.

Share the knowledge.
who is this super smart, super sexy, super hot, super human.

every one who listened to him back then would have made a shit load in last 2 years.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

every one who listened to him back then would have made a shit load in last 2 years.
I wonder if he is still working ?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He was going by the name of Indiandog those days, I heard he lost money in a penis enlarging scam

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was going by the name of Indiandog those days, I heard he lost money in a penis enlarging scam
actually gold shares, but technically had he kept those shares for one more year, he would have retired by now.

rookie error.

Status
Not open for further replies.