share trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant be bothered looking for a past similar thread.

Is anyone here who trades shares?

Whats your opinion on current situation. Oil down 70%, iron ore down 70%, coal down a gazillion %, gold already down 30% and heading lower.

I think there is some huge amount of money to be made medium to long term.

Share the knowledge.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How bout funeral companies ? Worlds getting bigger more people = more deaths and everyone dies it would seem like a pretty safe investment. Perhaps a weapons manufacturer who has a us defense contract.?Yet again there's a lot of money to be made in death. If not green coffee beans, or a company that makes laser tattoo removal equipment. Because I tell you once a hipster comes up with the idea no tattoos is the new tattoos removal will be big buisness

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant be bothered looking for a past similar thread.

Is anyone here who trades shares?

Whats your opinion on current situation. Oil down 70%, iron ore down 70%, coal down a gazillion %, gold already down 30% and heading lower.

I think there is some huge amount of money to be made medium to long term.

Share the knowledge.
Tell you what, the Saudis will be spewing about the price of oil.
No more gold Lamborghini's and outrageous buildings for a while.

How bout funeral companies ? Worlds getting bigger more people = more deaths and everyone dies it would seem like a pretty safe investment. Perhaps a weapons manufacturer who has a us defense contract.?Yet again there's a lot of money to be made in death. If not green coffee beans, or a company that makes laser tattoo removal equipment. Because I tell you once a hipster comes up with the idea no tattoos is the new tattoos removal will be big buisness
Lol, SoH this made my morning! 'hipsters' involved with tattoo removal. If it isn't eco friendly, they'll be totally against it!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are onto something SoH.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you may be onto something there ID. I've never looked into trading much but I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell you what, the Saudis will be spewing about the price of oil.
No more gold Lamborghini's and outrageous buildings for a while.
Saudis wont do anything If it wasnt approved by uncle sam. US would bomb the shiit out of saudi if they even blink without their permission.

Its all part of the grand plan to bring Russia down. You have to only see who Is affected most by a global event and global decision and join the dots.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you may be onto something there ID. I've never looked into trading much but I wouldn't mind checking it out.
Some companies like BHP and FMG are sitting at even below post GFC levels.

I bet you 12 months from now a lot of blue chip shares would ve gone double, tripple.

Never in history we had all commodities down so bad all at the same time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are onto something SoH.
Invocare seem to be posting bigger profits every year their share are around 12.20 .as I said the funeral industry will only get bigger . Im going to look into this as I really don't know how it all works

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Invocare seem to be posting bigger profits every year their share are around 12.20 .as I said the funeral industry will only get bigger . Im going to look into this as I really don't know how it all works
White lady funerals is another one who had grown over the years.

considering Australian population having higher portion of people over 60, there are more chances of more funerals in coming years than previous.

condom sales went through the roof after GFC due to job losses etc and people staying at home more, meaning more opportunity for sex with the partners.

WE are going through the same situation right now , so may be it would be worth to invest in Ansell again.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saudis wont do anything If it wasnt approved by uncle sam. US would bomb the shiit out of saudi if they even blink without their permission.

Its all part of the grand plan to bring Russia down. You have to only see who Is affected most by a global event and global decision and join the dots.
Too true.

But Russia wont back down without a fight

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

considering Australian population having higher portion of people over 60, there are more chances of more funerals in coming years than previous.

condom sales went through the roof after GFC due to job losses etc and people staying at home more, meaning more opportunity for sex with the partners.

WE are going through the same situation right now , so may be it would be worth to invest in Ansell again.
Invocare owns white lady , simplicity funerals and Singapore caskets. I think im going on a research mission. On a side note a few years back I was involved in the renovations of simplicity funerals on the coast. I was doing some work in their prep room when on of their employees said to me ive got a body coming in I have to work on do you mind . I quickly packed up my shit and moved to another part of the building while he was doing his thing

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Invocare owns white lady , simplicity funerals and Singapore caskets. I think im going on a research mission. On a side note a few years back I was involved in the renovations of simplicity funerals on the coast. I was doing some work in their prep room when on of their employees said to me ive got a body coming in I have to work on do you mind . I quickly packed up my shit and moved to another part of the building while he was doing his thing
thats one freaky job , to prepare a body for funeral. How do they people sleep at night. May be you just get immune to it after few months of dressing up dead bodies.

I once went into a cold storage area over seas where they kept my grand mothers body. I can not forget that and remember it like yesterday. So many deads in one room, freezing cold and you all by yourself.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Invocare were my customer for many years

White lady is owned by Invocare, they also own simplicity and a bunch of others.
The ACCC blocked there bid to own over 70% of the funeral homes in Aus.
They ended up getting a lot more in QLD but didn't get any more in NSW or VIC as the market share they would have gained would have been too much.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

White lady is owned by Invocare, they also own simplicity and a bunch of others.
They ended up getting a lot more in QLD but didn't get any more in NSW or VIC as the market share they would have gained would have been too much.
Thanks mate.

If you dont mind can i ask what line of business you are in?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

So are we onto something ?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
5.5 mil boomers in aus average funeral cost $9000 in 15 years time boom baby boomers pay day

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I want to be an arms dealer. If you can't beat them, sell them guns lol

Plus it's a recession proof industry where demand always dwarfs supply.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Europe just announced QE ( money printing) . If yanks can do it so can we.

Euro getting smashed at the moment, gold sky rocketting, oil going down.

Intresting times.

N

Natboy

Europe just announced QE ( money printing) . If yanks can do it so can we.

Euro getting smashed at the moment, gold sky rocketting, oil going down.

Intresting times.
Pauline Hanson will say they stole her brilliant idea mate :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.