News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What the fuck got you so worked up? All I said was I'd rather Kyle wasn't at the club if Shane is the coach.

You don't have to be a talent scout to see that Kyle isn't a First Grade player. His last three seasons he's been dropped to Reserve Grade multiple times each year. So maybe the "talent scouts" at two different clubs agree that he's not very good?
Mrs Flanagan is protective of her shit son.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the fuck got you so worked up? All I said was I'd rather Kyle wasn't at the club if Shane is the coach.

You don't have to be a talent scout to see that Kyle isn't a First Grade player. His last three seasons he's been dropped to Reserve Grade multiple times each year. So maybe the "talent scouts" at two different clubs agree that he's not very good?
srsly b-train, i refuse to take on board your criticisms of kyle until you show me your nrl scout credentials. i wont be asking again. thx

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how the Bulldogs feel about his son Kyle having a bitch to his father about training methods ? There is no question Kyle has been whinging to his old man.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Only thing that’s gonna land flanno the job is turning up with a target list of 7s and telling gus that kyle is going to step up as a ready made reserve.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was dumb enough to make comments about Kyle not playing to his potential so perhaps it’s not as delusional as you think.
And what do you want him to say when journos / hacks ask him a direct question about it?

Nah he's shit, a complete flop, a total shit bag... is that the response your looking for ?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how the Bulldogs feel about his son Kyle having a bitch to his father about training methods ? There is no question Kyle has been whinging to his old man.
Pretty sure the dogs had issues with the training methods that’s why the coach and head of performance are gone, plus the dogs have issue with being shit and always in the media talking himself up

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And what do you want him to say when journos / hacks ask him a direct question about it?

Nah he's shit, a complete flop, a total shit bag... is that the response your looking for ?
Why make a comment at all?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan will get the job in my opinion if the club are worried about the sacking of his son then they should put a clause in there with his contract if his son doesn't perform after 12 months under his dad , then we can sack his son with no regrets.
Pretty sure Flanno jnr contract finishes end of next year and surely won't be renewed if he's still crap after first few rounds in 23. It would be a conflict of interest for the club if both Flannos are signed. Jnr should be moved on if Snr is signed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pretty sure Flanno jnr contract finishes end of next year and surely won't be renewed if he's still crap after first few rounds in 23. It would be a conflict of interest for the club if both Flannos are signed. Jnr should be moved on if Snr is signed.
he'd be extended on much less. Even tho he's not worth a top 30 spot right now you'd hope Shane can get him playing a lot better...

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why make a comment at all?
And what, just sit there in protest when asked?

"Sorry i cannot answer your question as i plead my 5th ammendment right" because if i answer your question i will look desperate"

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And what, just sit there in protest when asked?

"Sorry i cannot answer your question as i plead my 5th ammendment right" because if i answer your question i will look desperate"
Were not in America FFS there's no such thing as the "5th amendment right" here, but yeah state that commenting on such frivolous things doesn't help the club players or his own ambitions to still be a coach.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apart from Paul Green , not too many coaches with NRL experience to choose from. preference is flanagan.
hoped dean pay would have worked out and even barrett. dont think the club can afford another inexperience coach which is a shame as I would have liked jim dymock to be given a chance a few years back.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's put his hand up but that doesn't mean Gus wants him.
Gus must of lost his phone number! Lol!

Damodogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why do i think gus is trying to get holbrook, surely if it was flanagan he wouldnt be on everything saying he wants the job. Meets criteria with bulldog dna coaching in our system.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he'd be extended on much less. Even tho he's not worth a top 30 spot right now you'd hope Shane can get him playing a lot better...
Time to move Flamingo on, apart from some good tackling aka against the rotters, he has shown very little, can't run very average passing and kicking game, zero vision. I hope Potter sees the futility of floging a dead horse.
Why is S Flanagan so obsessed to get the gig, it might be because he knows that our club pays well and is desperate for a coach, but you can be sure that looking after his boy would have to be no1 priority for him.