News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he says he won't play him if not good enough but then makes excuses for him despite him being trash and makes it seem like he'd play him anyway saying "you haven't seen anything he can do at the moment"...

The only way I'd want Flanagan the coach is if his son was already moved on first.
Your a talent scout with NRL credentials are you? crawl back into your cave. Unless your the Chairman of the Board shut the fuck up and show some respect to those who make the decisions. Don't you think it's fair for Shane to say that Kyle isn't playing well, and can play better? As an indicator, do you think Burton can play better? Can he do things we haven't seen?How about TPJ.?
Maybe, just maybe Kyle plays better under his fathers coaching. I for one would like to give him the chance. Lets not forget that the Roosters saw something in Kyle playing grade at Cronulla enough to offer him a contract, so it's perfectly reasonable to expect that Kyle has more to give. Don't treat players as 1 dimensional bots. A change of coaching styles could be just what a number of our players need.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your a talent scout with NRL credentials are you? crawl back into your cave. Unless your the Chairman of the Board shut the fuck up and show some respect to those who make the decisions. Don't you think it's fair for Shane to say that Kyle isn't playing well, and can play better? As an indicator, do you think Burton can play better? Can he do things we haven't seen?How about TPJ.?
Maybe, just maybe Kyle plays better under his fathers coaching. I for one would like to give him the chance. Lets not forget that the Roosters saw something in Kyle playing grade at Cronulla enough to offer him a contract, so it's perfectly reasonable to expect that Kyle has more to give. Don't treat players as 1 dimensional bots. A change of coaching styles could be just what a number of our players need.
Bro Roosters also had Kyle being mentored by none other then Cooper Cronk and playing outside of a dual premiership winner in Luke Keary.
Kyle was placed in the best NRL club land system and under the tutolage of Trent Robinson.
I don't even have to mention the 8/9 rep players Kyle had at his disposal playing alongside him before he was dumped mid way through the season for very good reason.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw something in Kyle at the Sharks and also wanted him while he was at the Roosters (and before). He's just gone massively backwards the last year and a half. Baz has a big part to play in that (and the roster around him). I'm sick of hope at this point (e.g. Flanagan coming good), so I just want to sign a marquee in that 7 position, but that won't be for another year anyways.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus came out and stated he hoped to have it sorted by September..
That would basically rule out any current NRL coach,as surely no one would announce a club change before the season has ended..
Possibly clubs not in the running for finals,but that would leave….
Maguire
Brown
O’Brien
Holbrook
The next 3 highest clubs are..
Griffin
Hasler
Stuart..
I would be shattered if we signed any of them tbh.
Flanagan and Green are available now.
When does Super League season end?? Regarding Woolf
There is around 7 weeks between end of origin and September in regard to Fittler…interesting
When you use the process of elimination,there are only likely 3 in the running I reckon.
I’m actually leaning toward Fittler to get the gig,just because of the September statement.
No need to wait til September for Flanagan or Green

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus came out and stated he hoped to have it sorted by September..
That would basically rule out any current NRL coach,as surely no one would announce a club change before the season has ended..
Possibly clubs not in the running for finals,but that would leave….
Maguire
Brown
O’Brien
Holbrook
The next 3 highest clubs are..
Griffin
Hasler
Stuart..
I would be shattered if we signed any of them tbh.
Flanagan and Green are available now.
When does Super League season end?? Regarding Woolf
There is around 7 weeks between end of origin and September in regard to Fittler…interesting
When you use the process of elimination,there are only likely 3 in the running I reckon.
I’m actually leaning toward Fittler to get the gig,just because of the September statement.
No need to wait til September for Flanagan or Green
I'd be shattered if we signed Green, or anyone who wasn't Flanagan (unless it was someone completely left field that hasn't been mentioned yet, but very unlikely).

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So define “perform” and what’s to say he instead says
it wasn’t his son that didn’t perform it was some others around him ?
To play like a super star and there are no excuses in 2023 perform like a top no 7 or fuck off .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have To love all the difference of opinions. And this here is another Beauty and well said, no dig at B-train, not at all. But your points made Dog are realistic. And being a realist I can’t help but agree.. but agree until Flanno proves, wrong or otherwise.!!

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant see why we cant get flanagan now tbh
I
I don't think he wants to come this year so he doesn't tarnish his coaching record. That's the only thing I can think of or he has to much other commitments

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you really believe that Flanagan Sr would risk his job just to keep his son in the 1st grade team if he is not performing??? People are delusional...

This is the first time in a long time that a coach with credentials may pick us up and actually do some good. I dont know the guy but i hope he is a **** and gets the players to fall inline

For others who are quoting other coaches, most of them are fringe or has-beens....

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it will look something like this
Head coach : fitler
Assistants: potter and mcgregor
Junior coach: trent hodkinson

Or the smokey could be john cartwright for the head coaching job.

I will keep on guessing ...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you really believe that Flanagan Sr would risk his job just to keep his son in the 1st grade team if he is not performing??? People are delusional...

This is the first time in a long time that a coach with credentials may pick us up and actually do some good. I dont know the guy but i hope he is a **** and gets the players to fall inline

For others who are quoting other coaches, most of them are fringe or has-beens....
He was dumb enough to make comments about Kyle not playing to his potential so perhaps it’s not as delusional as you think.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What the fuck got you so worked up? All I said was I'd rather Kyle wasn't at the club if Shane is the coach.

You don't have to be a talent scout to see that Kyle isn't a First Grade player. His last three seasons he's been dropped to Reserve Grade multiple times each year. So maybe the "talent scouts" at two different clubs agree that he's not very good?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro Roosters also had Kyle being mentored by none other then Cooper Cronk and playing outside of a dual premiership winner in Luke Keary.
Kyle was placed in the best NRL club land system and under the tutolage of Trent Robinson.
I don't even have to mention the 8/9 rep players Kyle had at his disposal playing alongside him before he was dumped mid way through the season for very good reason.
Shut up wannabe talent scout. Stop speaking the truth and start making more excuses so we don't hurt Kyle's feelings.. 6 years of missing the finals isn't bad enough. We need more passengers in the team like Kyle that aren't good enough for FG so we can get the streak going to at least 7 years.

Clearly Kyle needs Daddy to coach him and hold his hand on the field just in case he needs to do a wee or a poo. When Shane is coaching him, Kyle morphs from average Reserve Grader to superstar immortal, didn't you know?