News Shane Flanagan puts his hand up to lead the basket case Bulldogs

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’s hands down the best candidate available. I’d be signing him ASAP. Let Potter continue coaching for the rest of the season while Flannagan starts planning for next year. Get him watching as many of our junior games as possible so he can identify who deserves a spot in our top 30 next season and work with Gus on his recruitment and retention of players until the off season and let him hit the ground running next season

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know people have there concerns over kyle, and rightly so, but I think it's pretty obvious that Shane will get the gig.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Something to note, if flanno gets the gig and persists with Jr week in week out if he's constantly shit it will only cause more pressure on Sr.

His rep will take a hit and there would be more pressure on him to be harder on Jr too because people expect him to be more lenient.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Gus has moved him on by then and he or the board make it clear to Shane that he won't be here next year. Tell him the job is yours if you're still willing to accept. Which he would...
I honestly don’t know.. maybe he thinks he can get the best out of his son.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So he says he won't play him if not good enough but then makes excuses for him despite him being trash and makes it seem like he'd play him anyway saying "you haven't seen anything he can do at the moment"...

The only way I'd want Flanagan the coach is if his son was already moved on first.
He can't come out and say "my son is shit"... everyone already knows that

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he can get his son playing good footy and be a respectable halfback in the NRL then sign him up. Even if he can’t unleash him then he has no problem dropping him. Team first mentality.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can't come out and say "my son is shit"... everyone already knows that
He might even have the coaching ability to have Kyle playing like a decent, serviceable halfback. It’s hard to imagine at present though

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another positive…At least he reads the kennel and took the point regarding Kyle. That was always the question on everyone’s mind

Snackdoogie

Waterboy
Reaction score
At the moment seems as though he is the only option for the club with some experience. I'd like to see how he and Gould get a long as he doesn't seem to be a yes man.

I do agree that he could get some more out of certain players but we all know half the squad are not first graders.

With a bit more direction and I personally think good delivery from dummy half to first receiver it would do a world of good for our attack.hint hint bye bye JMK

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all the appointments this guy has got the potential to be great for the dogs or a disaster. Flanagun Snr is much stronger media personality with his own little cheer squad over at Fox. If he and Gus disagree on some small detail it could be on for young and old. It's not like this Guy doesn't have an Ego. I care about the club and think of the risk management issues of a this appointment are pretty high. If this down the track blows up it will blow up big time.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Out of all the appointments this guy has got the potential to be great for the dogs or a disaster. Flanagun Snr is much stronger media personality with his own little cheer squad over at Fox. If he and Gus disagree on some small detail it could be on for young and old. It's not like this Guy doesn't have an Ego. I care about the club and think of the risk management issues of a this appointment are pretty high. If this down the track blows up it will blow up big time.
actually a good point