SG vs Pay

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SG has had a few games now as head coach.

From what you have seen so far, what are the differences in a SG coached team vs Dean Pay coached team?

What do you expect from a Barrett coached team next season compared to the current SG team?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SG has had a few games now as head coach.

From what you have seen so far, what are the differences in a SG coached team vs Dean Pay coached team?

What do you expect from a Barrett coached team next season compared to the current SG team?
We seem to be putting more kicks into the in goal area. Not that we're finishing a lot of them with tries. I'm enjoying seeing Meaney at fullback. Wasn't given a chance there under Pay even when it was clear DWZ had lost confidence in his ability to defend kicks. Georgalis also seems less scared to drop players that aren't performing close to their best seemingly through lack of effort (R. Smith).

But honestly I don't see any massive differences yet.

Next year under Barrett I hope our support play is firing,our kick chase in attacking positions is better, our last tackle options are more polished.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Team plays with more confidence. The effort has moved up a few gears. We just lack 2 or 3 classy players. We would have been Dragqueens and Worms with a decent half, centre and gun full back

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next year under Barrett I hope our support play is firing,our kick chase in attacking positions is better, our last tackle options are more polished.
Yeah, basaically we should be copying the way Penrith play. We dont have the same players they do but our structures should be the same

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, basaically we should be copying the way Penrith play. We dont have the same players they do but our structures should be the same
Our players are far smaller, less mobile and less skilled than Penrith. All across the park they are big physique players.

They've even got that right with the next generation of prototype player build. Take their frontrow and Parras as examples. Frontrow nearly as important these days as the spine many now saying.

Meanwhile we have Tols and Ginger. Be very hard for us to replicate their structures....Barrett has a hell of a job in front of him.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Support play has been non existent for years now so any improvement is progress...our play around the play the ball is terrible...marker defence is so slow..when teams attack our middle we have no answer
There is plenty of improvement needed obviously
We seem to be putting more kicks into the in goal area. Not that we're finishing a lot of them with tries. I'm enjoying seeing Meaney at fullback. Wasn't given a chance there under Pay even when it was clear DWZ had lost confidence in his ability to defend kicks. Georgalis also seems less scared to drop players that aren't performing close to their best seemingly through lack of effort (R. Smith).

But honestly I don't see any massive differences yet.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our players are far smaller, less mobile and less skilled than Penrith. All across the park they are big physique players.

They've even got that right with the next generation of prototype player build. Take their frontrow and Parras as examples. Frontrow nearly as important these days as the spine many now saying.

Meanwhile we have Tols and Ginger. Be very hard for us to replicate their structures....Barrett has a hell of a job in front of him.
That's why Hill said Barrett will also be tasked with developing the pathways programs so we can eventually have gun juniors too. As I said we wont be as good as them but the block plays, one out runs and the forwards playing first receiever - all that BS should die when Barrett arrives