News SG Ball Round 3: Canterbury five-eighth Khaled Rajab turning heads

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury’s own Kieran Foran lookalike wreaked havoc in the latest round of SG Ball, while the Bunnies showed they are title contenders in 2021.
Jocelyn Airth
@jocelynairth
3 min read
February 20, 2021 - 7:21PM

Canterbury might have lost NRL star Kieran Foran to Manly, but there’s a new long-haired five-eighth turning heads at Belmore.

Granted, Khaled Rajab is one whole decade younger than Foran, but the local junior is giving Bulldogs fans a glimpse into an exciting future that awaits the club.

For now, he’s ordering around the Dogs’ SG Ball side and was key to their clinical 42-16 win over the Balmain Tigers on Saturday.

“Khaled put a cross field kick away to Turoa Williams, who then scored the try of the game,” Bulldogs SG Ball coach Mitch Lewis said.

“He’s very good, our Kieran Foran look-alike … has really good vision.

It’s early days, but Lewis is pleased with how his side is progressing in 2021 – particularly the Dogs’ halves pairing of Rajab and Joseph O’Neill.

“They played junior league together, they know each other really well and bounce off each other, I’m blessed with two halves that have a good relationship not just as footy players but they’re friends as well” Lewis said.

Fullback Cameron Lawrence also shined, scoring a double for the Dogs who were simply too good for the injury-ravaged Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

One positive the Tigers can take away from the thumping is that Livai Saukuru seriously challenged Canterbury’s rising star Paul Alamoti.

“ (Saukuru) defended him really well to the point that they flipped him over to the other side. Leivai really stood up. So too did Fonua Pole through the middle,” Balmain coach Scott Kerr said.

“We’re down on troops, we couldn’t compete, we could not handle them through the middle, they are a really strong football team.”

Down the road, the Bunnies demolished the Dragons with a strong 38-6 showing at Mascot Oval.

Head coach Leon Latulipe said he was pleased with how his side bounced back from last week’s draw against title contenders Manly.

“I spoke to them about complacency, not getting too far ahead of yourselves … Manly played really well in that second half,” Latulipe said.

“We’re happy with what they produced today. Guys like Tallis Duncan and Archie Donnelly, he came on in the second half there, put on a really good display.”

In the Shire, the Sharks piled 50 points on the Bears, with Ryan Rivett and Kade Dykes each bagging doubles.

And Victoria’s Sualauvi Faalogo scored a last minute try that allowed Noah Natapu’s to convert and deliver the Thunderbolts a thrilling 28-26 win over the Magpies.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate's report. Totally different to the Matts. This team uses the ball. Front rowers Bailey Cox and Jack Todd great go forward and constant workers. Oneill the half and the Foran lookalike at 5/8 were also good. Fullback solid too. Alamoti is classy but is prone to losing the ball, he thinks cause he fights the tackle too much. He thinks we'll get some players from this lot. He doesnt think anything coming from Matts.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Saukuru was one of ours last year no?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mate's report. Totally different to the Matts. This team uses the ball. Front rowers Bailey Cox and Jack Todd great go forward and constant workers. Oneill the half and the Foran lookalike at 5/8 were also good. Fullback solid too. Alamoti is classy but is prone to losing the ball, he thinks cause he fights the tackle too much. He thinks we'll get some players from this lot. He doesnt think anything coming from Matts.
Saw alamoti at shops today what a unit

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rajab and ghantos still not offered contracts just saying
And alimoti chased hard by the Rorters whom else
Article about Joey Manu saying he wants to play fullback also and would consider offers when off contract as he won't play ahead of Tedesco. Watch uncle Nick try steal him off us ... It's why we don't need Staggs. Hopefully Roosters turn their eye to Canberra instead with Timoko or Harley Smith Shields instead

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs dont know how to secure juniours, i bet if roosters offered doggies 50k for alamoti dogs would take it.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article about Joey Manu saying he wants to play fullback also and would consider offers when off contract as he won't play ahead of Tedesco. Watch uncle Nick try steal him off us ... It's why we don't need Staggs. Hopefully Roosters turn their eye to Canberra instead with Timoko or Harley Smith Shields instead
If Pay was still coach then maybe but I don't think we have to worry about the Roosters stealing our local juniors anymore. I can't see Alamoti leaving us unless we screw him with our offer. The other 2 are worrying...especially Ghantous since he is apparently a gun hooker...a position we desperately need to have depth in

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Pay was still coach then maybe but I don't think we have to worry about the Roosters stealing our local juniors anymore. I can't see Alamoti leaving us unless we screw him with our offer. The other 2 are worrying...especially Ghantous since he is apparently a gun hooker...a position we desperately need to have depth in
I get what you saying. And agree. However we have some pretty good kids coming through flegg. We can’t sign them all. I know I may be wrong as was only a trial lots will change through the season. But we are headed in a good direction we need to trust the staff we have to make the write decisions around recruitment and signings. Sometimes it’s not about the best player in the position but the best players in positions for that team based on needs. Let’s all wait see

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Politis is a very clever cunning and ruthless person, I just hope that our personal are aware of it and do whatever it takes to keep the players the club wants to keep.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Talk about over reaction, roosters are not chasing alamonti , politis was there to watch his team , the roosters, it was just click bait

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Politis is a very clever cunning and ruthless person, I just hope that our personal are aware of it and do whatever it takes to keep the players the club wants to keep.
by doing the same and giving them Brown paper bags?

becUse this is the only way to compete with the roosters.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldog Steve is write we don’t know. We all assume. But experience with Poitis says there is a fair chance he was checking someone out. He plays by different rules and we need to trust our new team to make the write choices with the write ones to keep

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldog Steve is write we don’t know. We all assume. But experience with Poitis says there is a fair chance he was checking someone out. He plays by different rules and we need to trust our new team to make the write choices with the write ones to keep
But no complacency please or taking loyalty for granted.

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But no complacency please or taking loyalty for granted.you write. But sometimes we can’t match what’s on offer or we loose the rest. I know first hand through a family member how he can work outside the cap to get it done. His pockets and contacts are endless

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Had it explained to me with another youngster. A pox on his house.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talk about over reaction, roosters are not chasing alamonti , politis was there to watch his team , the roosters, it was just click bait
Um no
Joey manu on the way out
Both morris Bros retiring
That Billy smith kid injured again
Alimoti is being courted by manly and roosters
I’m a lil closer to the sg ball side than you buddy
Alimoti also wants to go by the name of brandy alimoti
Look that up

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brilliant operator
Snagged suali
Already planning for loss of Joey manu
Already has Sam walker suali coming through and now volkman whom played all his junior footy at bankstown bulls and wasn’t offered a deal by the dogs