Opinion Set Restarts

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott was extremely dominant in his contact and put the players on their backs multiple times ref kept calling 6 again.

What happened to dominant tackles? With the new rule changes they are completely pointless. Might as well pick the most fit mobile forward pack we can going forward. Until the NRLol change it back because they realise it's a shit rule.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It is designed to allow the refs and NRL to dictate the momentum in games and when to apply. Pretty clever actually lol
Yep, used wrong the ref's can completely tailor the whole game to whatever outcome is wanted. I have seen this in games already. The Roosters game for example.

I already know the NRL want the Rosters to win 3 in a row.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All our shitness aside for a sec... this rule change is just another way for refs to cheat legally, well done nrlol
Exactly what I was thinking. No replays to see if they were correctly awarded or not. Just give multiple resets to a team like they did to the Sharks today until the defence can't cope and the Sharks score. Might as well make the whole game unlimited tackles. Can't believe the Sharks deserved so many more than us today. THEY DIDN'T

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many did we "give away" on the last tackle lololol.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watch the games very very closely and at least on 50% of the time i dont know the reason for it.
Fans are losing touch with the game.
Just how union started its demise.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can't grind games out now because the ruck is too inconsistent

At the back end of last season we dragged teams into an arm wrestle you can't do that now because it has become touch football.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not surprised

Renouf already told us Pay hasn’t made any changes to the game plan despite the rule changes

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Refs should have to call out a countdown of 3 then 2 then whistlebtle keep it consistent and let the players know how long they have... At the moment it's like Russian roulette.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rugby league is now the most stupid over governed Americanized game ever I'm done bullshit sport dying a slow death

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a good idea in theory but they're destroying the game with it as they've gone overboard.

Hopefully teams start to adjust and refs stop being so trigger happy as part of their "crack down" otherwise it will become oztag with unlimited tackles.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many examples of tackled player interfering with the tackler trying to get to marker, by holding on to them..and hoping for set re-start.
Smith had to go back at one stage in second half for it.

In each instance, the defence team should benefit, similar to the set re-start.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All our shitness aside for a sec... this rule change is just another way for refs to cheat legally, well done nrlol
The rule is shit... Needs to be pulled back and only come into effect inside the opposition 20m

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our players didn’t fight to play the bell enough, our blokes lay on the ground letting the sharks hold them down all night, sharks pushed to get up earning set restarts it killed us, I will say however the last one leading to goodwins try was straight after woods playing the ball through his legs

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed. Uncle Nick Politis is worth an estimated $590 million. With that kind of sauce, you have a lot of power and influence, so you can tend to get things go your way just quietly.
Yep, used wrong the ref's can completely tailor the whole game to whatever outcome is wanted. I have seen this in games already. The Roosters game for example.

I already know the NRL want the Rosters to win 3 in a row.