Serena Williams v Kim Clijsters (Dramatic end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very dramatic end to this match

semi final in the us open

Fox sports 3 now!!!

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wat happened?

Spoilers in white (highlight if you want to see)

Clijsters won the first set. Second set was on serve, came down to 6-5 with Clijsters leading and Serena serving to stay in. Got to 15-30, and serena made a foot fault which caused a double fault and brought up match point for Clijsters.

Keeping in mind Serena was already warned for a code violation earlier in the match, Serena then went over to the lineswoman that gave the foot fault and absolutely gave it to her. She was very agressive, she walked back to serve then she came back yelled at her some more. Didnt look good, almost as bad as McEnroe, probably worse
Umpire asked the lineswoman what Serena said, and because of the earlier code violation she had to penalise Serena a point penalty, which just happend to be on match point and therefore lost the match

/White

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
She threatened to kill the umpire from what I saw on foxsports news

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
she has no class!!!! even some of the people behind the lines person heard what was said and were booing here. Regardless if the call was right or wrong, she had no right to lash out like that, it was reported that she said "I am going to shove this f'n ball down your mother f..throat" or something like that, and then made a threat to harm here or kill here, but the media were right behind the line's person, so it won't be long till we find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.