Semi-Interested?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL is behind me’: Semi Radradra rules out rugby league return

Semi Radradra has emphatically ruled out a return to rugby league, saying the NRL is now behind him.
The cross-code superstar’s playing future has been the subject of plenty of speculation following his stellar performances for Fiji at the recent Rugby World Cup in Japan.

South Sydney were heavily linked to the powerhouse winger, while Canterbury and Parramatta both recently said they’d be interested in signing him should he return to the NRL.

But in an interview with French newspaper Sud Ouest, Radradra said his NRL career was “over”.

“I know there are a lot of rumours going on and talking about a return to (rugby league), but a return to (rugby league) is not an option for me,” Radradra said.

“I already proved myself in (rugby league) … the NRL is behind me, it’s over. I already proved that I was one of the best Fijians in this league.

“Playing (rugby union) pleases me, I love it more and more. I’m in a different environment … I still have a lot to learn and things to prove.”

Radradra is nearing the end of his contract with French rugby outfit Bordeaux and has been linked with a move to English club Bristol.

When asked what his next move in rugby union would be, Radradra replied: “Nobody knows.

“This is the last year of my contract with Bordeaux, my agent is looking after the rest. He will look at the bet offers and we will see. I’m only focused on rugby.

“I like this Bordeaux team, I found a family here. This club gave me a great opportunity, and helped me discover my talent and allowed me to become the player I am today.

“But in the end, it’s a story of business. I must also consider my family. I will look at the best options available to me, and I will make my choice.”

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The NRL is behind me’: Semi Radradra rules out rugby league return

Semi Radradra has emphatically ruled out a return to rugby league, saying the NRL is now behind him.
The cross-code superstar’s playing future has been the subject of plenty of speculation following his stellar performances for Fiji at the recent Rugby World Cup in Japan.

South Sydney were heavily linked to the powerhouse winger, while Canterbury and Parramatta both recently said they’d be interested in signing him should he return to the NRL.

But in an interview with French newspaper Sud Ouest, Radradra said his NRL career was “over”.

“I know there are a lot of rumours going on and talking about a return to (rugby league), but a return to (rugby league) is not an option for me,” Radradra said.

“I already proved myself in (rugby league) … the NRL is behind me, it’s over. I already proved that I was one of the best Fijians in this league.

“Playing (rugby union) pleases me, I love it more and more. I’m in a different environment … I still have a lot to learn and things to prove.”

Radradra is nearing the end of his contract with French rugby outfit Bordeaux and has been linked with a move to English club Bristol.

When asked what his next move in rugby union would be, Radradra replied: “Nobody knows.

“This is the last year of my contract with Bordeaux, my agent is looking after the rest. He will look at the bet offers and we will see. I’m only focused on rugby.

“I like this Bordeaux team, I found a family here. This club gave me a great opportunity, and helped me discover my talent and allowed me to become the player I am today.

“But in the end, it’s a story of business. I must also consider my family. I will look at the best options available to me, and I will make my choice.”
Gosh the media make him out to be some sort of tosser... he's actually a genuinely nice guy.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dissapointing that the club could not persuade Semi over to Belmore.......

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Spewing. Not only for us but for the nrl. He’s a weapon

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how could the telegraph get away with that fake news - im glad at least daniel johns is standing up to them with lawsuit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
how could the telegraph get away with that fake news - im glad at least daniel johns is standing up to them with lawsuit
Highlights the lowlights we have as excuses called rugby league journos.

Turns out it's (probably) the exact opposite of his intensions lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised?
Why anyone would buy a copy or pay a subscription to that joke of a publication I’ll never know - they’re no better than the trashy mags who make stuff up. Plenty of other options for good quality news (including sport).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised?
Why anyone would buy a copy or pay a subscription to that joke of a publication I’ll never know - they’re no better than the trashy mags who make stuff up. Plenty of other options for good quality news (including sport).
I supply free papers to a few nursing homes and can access the online articles via my account but if I stopped donating the papers for charity there’s no way I’d buy or read that trash

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I supply free papers to a few nursing homes and can access the online articles via my account but if I stopped donating the papers for charity there’s no way I’d buy or read that trash
Even beyond money mate.
For every article you read - that’s 5 minutes of your life you can never get back! :-)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even beyond money mate.
For every article you read - that’s 5 minutes of your life you can never get back! :-)
Haha very true. It’s turned into woman’s day