Semi-Interested?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So apparently we were enquiring about Semi in September..
We haven’t signed anyone of note since then,so are we still interested??
If not,why not..
I would love to have him on the wing and give Averillo a crack in the centre’s after about 5-6 rounds..
I would give Okunbor first crack and see if he can transition into a centre..
The Rabbits are apparently enquiring now and if we are still interested,we need to make something happen now!!!
Dog 4 Life

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’d say his profile and price were raised significantly with the Rugby World Cup. Would be a good get but again at what price when Euro and Japanese rugby clubs are likely to throw stupid money at him - can we even compete?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If not,why not..
I would love to have him on the wing and give Averillo a crack in the centre’s after about 5-6 rounds..
The Rabbits are apparently enquiring now and if we are still interested,we need to make something happen now!!!
Dog 4 Life
I might have read this wrong, are you saying you want to have a crack at a semi?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we even asked the question?
I’d say his profile and price were raised significantly with the Rugby World Cup. Would be a good get but again at what price when Euro and Japanese rugby clubs are likely to throw stupid money at him - can we even compete?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Have we even asked the question?
Dunno. But in line with the clubs stated policy on recruitment (apart from the Mitchell statement) I suspect we won’t find out unless there’s a signing announcement.

Since he visited the club in September I’d hazard a guess that there’s been some follow up post RWC but I know as much as anyone else on here - nothing.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Euro rugby clubs are likely to offer him up to 2M a season. I also read the Wolfpack are chasing him. Most on here wouldn't even be willing to fork out 900K a season because "he's not a spine player" (like there's a heap of elite spine players available). Obviously they wouldn't pay SBW 900K either. I'm getting so desperate for a new signing I'd consider even Joey Leilua now who I was so against previously. Maybe Tony Williams for the 100K Manly are gonna pay him. Can we just sign someone new or old for 2021 FFS ? Even Josh Reynolds I'd consider now that Foran's out and we need some experience and I was dead set against that not long ago.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Euro rugby clubs are likely to offer him up to 2M a season. I also read the Wolfpack are chasing him. Most on here wouldn't even be willing to fork out 900K a season because "he's not a spine player" (like there's a heap of elite spine players available). Obviously they wouldn't pay SBW 900K either. I'm getting so desperate for a new signing I'd consider even Joey Leilua now who I was so again st previously. Maybe Tony Williams for the 100K Manly are gonna pay him. Can we just sign someone new or old for 2021 FFS ? Even Josh Reynolds I'd consider now that Foran's out and we need some experience and I was dead set against that not long ago.
Slap yourself.

Fuck no to the options you mentioned.

Fuck yes to semi. Though scary thing is leuila and Frawley more likely judging our current act.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our current admin can't even re-sign our club captain. What a joke they are. I'd pay Semi a MIL to play for us

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Euro rugby clubs are likely to offer him up to 2M a season. I also read the Wolfpack are chasing him. Most on here wouldn't even be willing to fork out 900K a season because "he's not a spine player" (like there's a heap of elite spine players available). Obviously they wouldn't pay SBW 900K either. I'm getting so desperate for a new signing I'd consider even Joey Leilua now who I was so again st previously. Maybe Tony Williams for the 100K Manly are gonna pay him. Can we just sign someone new or old for 2021 FFS ? Even Josh Reynolds I'd consider now that Foran's out and we need some experience and I was dead set against that not long ago.
I don’t understand your rush for 2021 Brad.

How many other clubs have announced signings for 2021 involving a change of club? ZERO.

So if the Dogs are in such bad shape for 2021 signings, isn’t every other club in the same boat?

As for Williams or Reynolds coming back to Belmore - I’d rather a vasoline sandwich washed down with a warm tuna milkshake.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our current admin can't even re-sign our club captain. What a joke they are. I'd pay Semi a MIL to play for us
How do you know that? Because it hasn’t been announced?

The Member Forum has been announced - time to turn up and ask the hard hitting questions in person and away from the keyboard.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Euro rugby clubs are likely to offer him up to 2M a season. I also read the Wolfpack are chasing him. Most on here wouldn't even be willing to fork out 900K a season because "he's not a spine player" (like there's a heap of elite spine players available). Obviously they wouldn't pay SBW 900K either. I'm getting so desperate for a new signing I'd consider even Joey Leilua now who I was so against previously. Maybe Tony Williams for the 100K Manly are gonna pay him. Can we just sign someone new or old for 2021 FFS ? Even Josh Reynolds I'd consider now that Foran's out and we need some experience and I was dead set against that not long ago.
The paint thinner you've been sniffing wearing off mate?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If not,why not..
Dog 4 Life

I don’t think we desperately need a winger especially on that money.

We need to spend big on 7 and 9

For the money semi wants I would prefer Latrell

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also give Okunbor a crack at centre. he would be hard for the defence to handle.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would also give Okunbor a crack at centre. he would be hard for the defence to handle.
I agree but would like to see him work on his defence first

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know that? Because it hasn’t been announced?

The Member Forum has been announced - time to turn up and ask the hard hitting questions in person and away from the keyboard.
Mate

Again I will say this.

All the other clubs did not deplete their team then go to their members to be patient and we will go to the market with a war chest for 2021.

Why are we looking at what the other clubs are doing anyway??

All the other clubs have already have fairly formidable roster with at least a couple of stars in their line up.

We have nada ...

We need a shake up or that's what we were lead to believe

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Won’t believe fuck all until it happens anymore. Time to just let it play out as it will..!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Won’t believe fuck all until it happens anymore. Time to just let it play out as it will..!!!
Yeah agree. It's worn me down for sure. I have no expectations for improvements to the team so just go with the flow and see what's in store for the club.

Curtis and LM miraculously available and we aren't in the game.

Maybe our youngsters in Wakeham, Averillo, Ok, Katoa will get a chance and provide some attack and points.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah agree. It's worn me down for sure. I have no expectations for improvements to the team so just go with the flow and see what's in store for the club.

Curtis and LM miraculously available and we aren't in the game.

Maybe our youngsters in Wakeham, Averillo, Ok, Katoa will get a chance and provide some attack and points.
Not exactly encouraging is it. I tend to agree feels like we have been lead down the garden path of empty promises thus far.