News Segeyaro drugs ban reduced by NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Former Papuan New Guinean international James Segeyaro will be free to resume his playing career in June after he was handed a 20-month suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Chaired by the Ian Callinan AC QC with panellists Dr Sharron Flahive and Sean Garlick, the triubnal found Segeyaro breached the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy in September, 2019 when he tested positive to the presence of Di-Hydroxy LGD-4033 (Ligandrol).

The tribunal found that the 30-year-old, who was playing for the Broncos at the time after stints with the Cowboys, Panthers and Sharks, bore a significant degree of responsibility for the positive result but ruled he had not intentionally taken the Ligandrol.

It was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance.

As the tribunal was satisfied that the doping was not intentional, Segeyaro was entitled to a reduced sanction under the WADA Code.

His ban has been backdated to when he was provisionally suspended on October 3, 2019, which means he would be eligible to be registered again as a player on June 2.

Just curious about everyones thoughts on here... We really need a hooker.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Former Papuan New Guinean international James Segeyaro will be free to resume his playing career in June after he was handed a 20-month suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Chaired by the Ian Callinan AC QC with panellists Dr Sharron Flahive and Sean Garlick, the triubnal found Segeyaro breached the NRL’s Anti-Doping Policy in September, 2019 when he tested positive to the presence of Di-Hydroxy LGD-4033 (Ligandrol).

The tribunal found that the 30-year-old, who was playing for the Broncos at the time after stints with the Cowboys, Panthers and Sharks, bore a significant degree of responsibility for the positive result but ruled he had not intentionally taken the Ligandrol.

It was likely to have entered his system via the use of a food blender maintained by a member of his household that contained residues of the substance.

As the tribunal was satisfied that the doping was not intentional, Segeyaro was entitled to a reduced sanction under the WADA Code.

His ban has been backdated to when he was provisionally suspended on October 3, 2019, which means he would be eligible to be registered again as a player on June 2.

He's a shit magnet. Pretty handy footballer though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the Adam Elliott thread?

That's not enough?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're desperate but not that desperate. Wearing a Dogs jersey should be a privilege and not handed out to any dick head just because we're desperate for a hooker.

This guy took his NRL career for granted so he can keep his bad boy image and go get a 9 to 5 job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not even on a deal for the rest of this year? @BEAST MODE
That's more than enough time for him to do something stupid and impact our season lol. I actually can't even remember the last time he played?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, i'll ask the obvious: how did it get into the blender?

Does his flatmate want to get sik gainz?

This is the stuff found in Shayne Jack's system, right?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
That's more than enough time for him to do something stupid and impact our season lol. I actually can't even remember the last time he played?
Actually his last game was for the Bronx (the 58-0 hammering) at the end of 2019. He isn’t really able to play until June anyway. The bloke can go on the field. Would love to see what Baz could do with him tbh. Coz honestly do we see JMK/Katoa firing this year? Getting fired maybe lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has a tonne of baggage and struggled to get signed for a while before his suspension, so i doubt we see him in the NRL again. I'm sure he and his gangbang buddy Corey will be in the news again soon though.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, i'll ask the obvious: how did it get into the blender?

Does his flatmate want to get sik gainz?

This is the stuff found in Shayne Jack's system, right?
Apparently his flatmate was using a certain protein powder that contained it

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has a tonne of baggage and struggled to get signed for a while before his suspension, so i doubt we see him in the NRL again. I'm sure he and his gangbang buddy Corey will be in the news again soon though.
i thought the broncos signed him pre conviction?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No to Segeyaro but love the contaminated food blender defence .... that one's a pearler.

Sean Garlick could use that excuse if he wanted to smuggle or deal drugs inside Garlo's Pies.