Segeyaro coming off drug ban early May. Is he worth a shot?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
all good mate you didnt know.was 33 years old and ashamed to be breathing all caused by the filthy actions of an oxygen thief.
Yeah. Didn't know but still ... not cool.

Fucking dirtbags doing such things to people, especially kids.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to have a serious bid at this tom starling from the raiders, is he contracted past this year
Yeah.. He just re-signed last season. I don't know why he did and I wanted us to sign him last season, or ask for him as compensation for CHN..

Anyway, maybe we can pursue a release for him as Hodgson is an 80 minute hooker and Starling can only be happy playing 10 minutes a game for so long. He has more upside than Kenny and would only cost 350-400k.

If he's not an option then Daryl Clark is the best option and Kenny the next best available.

Other than that, with B.Smith likely off the market and staying in Melbourne, there's not much else out there available.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy for the club to give Jackson topine,a good shot at 9,
Topine isn’t a 9.
He is a back rower or centre.
He played with energy in his debut, but he doesn’t offer good enough service to play first grade at 9. Let him play where he plays best.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather we see what we have in Dietz after round 10. He could be the new Cook if given a shot

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine isn’t a 9.
He is a back rower or centre.
He played with energy in his debut, but he doesn’t offer good enough service to play first grade at 9. Let him play where he plays best.
At the moment he’s still a work in progress,he’s played a lot of 9 in reggies,so obviously the club see something there,

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen this bloke doing some very questionable stuff out and about he’s bad news

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.. He just re-signed last season. I don't know why he did and I wanted us to sign him last season, or ask for him as compensation for CHN..

Anyway, maybe we can pursue a release for him as Hodgson is an 80 minute hooker and Starling can only be happy playing 10 minutes a game for so long. He has more upside than Kenny and would only cost 350-400k.

If he's not an option then Daryl Clark is the best option and Kenny the next best available.

Other than that, with B.Smith likely off the market and staying in Melbourne, there's not much else out there available.
I know there isn't much on the market but we need a hooker with speed as much as vision, it's sooooo slow motion from our hookers in past 5 years

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 year min wage can’t hurt

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldn't we consider it?

Ok, so there are question marks on his character but you can question the characters of about 50% of players past and present. Alan Langer had off field issues, Andrew Johns I can go on and on with current players but as for a footy player his experience would help our team and the likes of Dietz and Topine which is something we are lacking. C'mon it's a given that this guy can only better our team. We can't get any worse right?

For near nothing we can get this bloke who can add value from a bad selection of hookers. If we are not prepared to give this guy a second chance he becomes someone else's asset and we continue to fall behind. The Titans took on a troubled David Fifita he is killing it, Titans asset. Mitchell Pearce well what a troublesome career, Roosters assest and Knights are a better team with him. The trend goes on and on.

Oh and please don't tell me that this guy took performance enhancing drugs and he isn't what we need at the Dogs because of it. Drugs etc are rife in sport and I am not condoning his actions but he has served his time and we need to take a bad situation and turn it into a positive (no pun intended) that will be to our benefit.

There is a saying "nice guys always come last" and if we keep playing nice we will get trampled on.