Seeing NRL Players in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen Thurston at a fan day in 08 a young kid in a dogs jersey walked to him to get it signed Thurston moved him to side and keep walking
And Justin Hodges is a pure wanker living on Brisbane seen him a couple times typical qld cock sucker
I never forget the time I seen Thurston in 03, he obviously wasn't that well known back then but seen him at canterbury leagues losing his shit losing money on roulette machine, skinny little kid with long hair who would of thought he would become one of the best

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Bumped into Eastwood outside the Liverpool legends game and got a photo with him. Probably shouldn't have as he was with his family but it all happened so fast. He was cool about it.

I was in a car next to Tedesco and Keary once on Victoria Rd, I looked at them but they just ignored me.

I saw Tim Mannah at my local gym and I was in full bulldogs gym gear and he ran and hid from me before i could troll him.

I always drive past the Eels arriving at training, I always want to say something dumb but I never do because we sux lately.

I once saw Chris Sandow at my dog park with his dog. My dog barked at him (I think because he had a hoody on). I said good doggie.

edit: I went to school with Lance Thompson (he was a few years above me). Really sad about him dying :(

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of the players I've met have been at open training days or signing events. But when I was about six my dad had a ten minute chat with Turvey in the beer garden at Minto pub. He ran the kitchen there and knew Turvey pretty well. Had him in stitches since my dad is a funny bloke.

Also had some recent charts with Rod Silva and quite a few others at the final legends of league origin in Tamworth. Among all the players there he was my favourite. He was keen to know how we were going in the game we were playing at the time which we were unfortunately getting smashed in.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back in the very early 80s my bro, sister and I used to catch the old dark red trains to Newcastle on school holidays to visit my dad. On one occasion we were seated next to Javed Miandad, he was awesome to talk to.
Now that's some random shit.

Do you know why he was on a train to Newcastle?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
newcastle- i saw andrew johns buying white stripe elephant from jb and then buying fruit at merewether in 06 , michael hagen everwhere, wayne bennett buying fruit and veg newcastel, timana tahu intrigued by a giant jackfruit, akuila uate a few times............................................ but not as good as all 3 silverchair members at different times

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw Tim Mannah at my local gym and I was in full bulldogs gym gear and he ran and hid from me before i could troll him.
He probably saw you were about to reveal the gun show

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 8 years back I caught the train with Steve Mortimer from Revesby all the way to St James.

Was at first a bit hesitant to say anything but then he asked me a question (about the timetable / track line behind me) and I had to play dumb with the good ol "Are you Canterbury Legend Steve Mortimer", he just replied, "Not sure about the legend part but yes".

If he didn't know he was a legend by then he did after the train trip haha.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam Thaiday while on holidays in port Douglas, seen him a few times that trip
Josh Jackson in Katoomba at a pizza place
Mark riddel playing golf at Leonay golf course
Went to high school with jack wighton
Trex on the darts in darling harbour
Trent Barrett on the piss in orange (my home town)
There the ones I can think of

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I saw Big Willy n Shrek drunk as skunks in a Canberra nightclub with about 20 of the skankiest bitches haha
Willy still had the 'Fro and the women LOVED it!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I saw Big Willy n Shrek drunk as skunks in a Canberra nightclub with about 20 of the skankiest bitches haha
Willy still had the 'Fro and the women LOVED it!
Mate back in those days them 2 were beasts. Not sure what O'Meley was doing with dem ho's those as he was a dad (already) back then!

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate back in those days them 2 were beasts. Not sure what O'Meley was doing with dem ho's those as he was a dad (already) back then!
True that!
To be fair, Shrek was basking in Willie's glory. Good bloke, he even bought me a scotch!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Being an ex-bouncer, met a heap of players, kicked a few out too.
As an ex-bouncer I recall 1 specific event where some of the boys from our 04 team ran a riot through the city. Took all of us to stop them from kicking the shit out of a taxi driver and patrons outside the club.
With the amount of pills and coke in them that night, I highly doubt any of them would remember that evening.

On another occasion M. Pearce came up to me outside the RCH. I don't recall the convo as I wasn't really in the greatest state of mind.

Never really been the type to get all fanboyish around famous people. Give them a nod if they deserve the respect and carry on is probably the best option.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see Steve Renouf out and about in the north west of Brisbane a lot. Seems like a nice guy. He actually did a lot of marketing work for a company I used to work for. Even though he routinely destroyed us when the broncos played the dogs, I never really disliked him in the way I disliked tallis, berrigan etc

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remember seeing the chief floating down crescent head creek with his missus when I was about 10. Funnily enough years later my partner worked with his daughter and I ended up going to his place for her 21st.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I used to go out with a girl who’s best friend went out with a Bra Boy. Nothing special there just grew up in the area a nice bloke. We became fairly good friends and some of the nights I had out at Coogee with a certain ex Dogs player and various other massive Dogs stars. Rothfield would have enough to sell a book.

Most famous person was having to show Leonardo DiCaprio through a Penthouse apartment.. Looked at it for about a bloody hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.