Season Launch Video

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For sure, i can remember as a teenager going to belmore and even in the 80's going to the Cricket ground in the semis aganst parra and st george the atmosphere with all the dogs supporters was great. Bulldogs chant was never ending. We packed out some of the smaller stands on our own. Loved those days.

You don’t even have to go back as far as the Belmore days, the early 2000’s we had great crowds at anz I think our average was up around 28,000
If it wasn’t that high was def over 25,000

Steve folkes days as a coach

May he Rest In Peace

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t even have to go back as far as the Belmore days, the early 2000’s we had great crowds at anz I think our average was up around 28,000

May he Rest In Peace
Thats true ANZ is a bit hard to get an atmosphere though being the way it is but scg for me was fantastic. But i do agree for sure with folksie we had great crowds.

Dogsofw@r

New Pup
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to come up with a unique idea. It's just lazy to plaugerise others work.
Alright then, wanna come up with a better idea and script it and put together a shot list and timeline?

If it doesn't take much it shouldn't be an issue for you?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh... the soccer video isn't exactly original itself.... let's focus on what matters... round 1!

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

May he Rest In Peace
atmosphere can be ok when there is at least 25K - 30k inside ANZ but imagine that size in Western sydney stadium..... imagine creating a demand for tickets

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It just takes away something from it knowing someone else did it before.
I agree mate, but I still loved the Bulldogs version anyway.
Maybe they thought we'd never pick up on it....lol
Then later when they got the feedback they probably were amazed at how much League fans follow the English soccer.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not all that big on the so called "ground atmosphere", where we sit everyone is Bulldogs passionate, loud and proud. As a result the atmosphere that I get is from those around me, not a few thousands fans on the other side of the ground and/or at either end. They are not close enough for any real "feeling" to travel. Whether its 25,000 in an 80,000 seat stadium or 25,00 in a 50,000 seat stadium is irrelevant, I get my atmosphere from the 5,000 fans around me.

Playing Bulldogs games at Western Sydney stadium for me is a crap idea, the location is too far away, not a lot of onsite parking and a long way from public transport. So I don't care how good or how bad the stadium itself is, the fact is it's in the wrong place and as a result I simply won't be going to any games there.

Go Dogs

Dogsofw@r

New Pup
Reaction score
I agree mate, but I still loved the Bulldogs version anyway.
Maybe they thought we'd never pick up on it....lol
Then later when they got the feedback they probably were amazed at how much League fans follow the English soccer.
Liverpool are a massive international club, i doubt they thought that, probably saw it was a great emotive style that would resonate with us doggies fans (and in my opinion it did, gave me tingles)

People just need to find a reason to complain about everything, is every shooter game shit because it wasnt the first one? (omg they are just copying wolfenstein/doom!)

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

May he Rest In Peace
100%...the 2001-2004 era was out of this world. I just remember rocking up to games expecting and knowing the 2 points were in the bag.
I never felt that confident about any Bulldog team like that in the past. The question wasn't IF we were going to win, it was always by how much.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not all that big on the so called "ground atmosphere", where we sit everyone is Bulldogs passionate, loud and proud. As a result the atmosphere that I get is from those around me, not a few thousands fans on the other side of the ground and/or at either end. They are not close enough for any real "feeling" to travel. Whether its 25,000 in an 80,000 seat stadium or 25,00 in a 50,000 seat stadium is irrelevant, I get my atmosphere from the 5,000 fans around me.

Playing Bulldogs games at Western Sydney stadium for me is a crap idea, the location is too far away, not a lot of onsite parking and a long way from public transport. So I don't care how good or how bad the stadium itself is, the fact is it's in the wrong place and as a result I simply won't be going to any games there.

Go Dogs
Nah dont agree to a point i prefer hearing the whole ground chanting bulldogs that gets me going as well im sure it gets the players going as well

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100%...the 2001-2004 era was out of this world. I just remember rocking up to games expecting and knowing the 2 points were in the bag.
I never felt that confident about any Bulldog team like that in the past. The question wasn't IF we were going to win, it was always by how much.
2012 had a similar feeling... I remember being disappointed if we weren't belting our opponent :grinning:... then we just had to verse a fit Slater Smith and Cronk in the GF which ruined everything :disrelieved::dizzy::weary:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah dont agree to a point i prefer hearing the whole ground chanting bulldogs that gets me going as well im sure it gets the players going as well
I can't hear the rest of the ground, the locals around me make too much noise. Well they used to, hopefully they will again this year (it's been too quite the last couple).

Go Dogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't hear the rest of the ground, the locals around me make too much noise. Well they used to, hopefully they will again this year (it's been too quite the last couple).

Go Dogs
That would be good i hope so as well nothing like doggies supporters making noise no other club can match us when were going

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
atmosphere can be ok when there is at least 25K - 30k inside ANZ but imagine that size in Western sydney stadium..... imagine creating a demand for tickets

I don’t want to be playing our games out of parramatta stuff that..

I hope when they re build anz and make it rectangular it will be the best stadium in nsw to watch rugby league.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though it's a rip off, It still gees me up.

Can't wait for the days we shut the streets of Belmore down again

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2012 had a similar feeling... I remember being disappointed if we weren't belting our opponent :grinning:... then we just had to verse a fit Slater Smith and Cronk in the GF which ruined everything :disrelieved::dizzy::weary:
Slater minus 1 x ear