Season hasn't even started yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is origin way over hyped these days , I honestly don't have any interest in it . I tend to enjoy test footy a whole lot more

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Is it just me or is origin way over hyped these days , I honestly don't have any interest in it . I tend to enjoy test footy a whole lot more
Pretty much, especially when the QLD team doesn't change for almost a decade. I still watch it, but nowhere near as excited for it as I was 10-15yrs ago

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
imo its actually damaging the game.

Rep players risk injury and prioritise SOO over club footy. No one pays attention to NRL dudring that period. The comp might as well not be on. And teams have to play without their stars

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
imo its actually damaging the game.

Rep players risk injury and prioritise SOO over club footy. No one pays attention to NRL dudring that period. The comp might as well not be on. And teams have to play without their stars
Have a 4 week break mid season with origin and a developing nations tournament

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching a minnow upset a top 3 nation would be more exciting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have a 4 week break mid season with origin and a developing nations tournament
Wouldn't even need a 4 week break imo. But i think that option would be the best for the players and fans, the NRL obviously doesn't give a shit though lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey, if it wasn't for Origin, we would never see the Morris twins...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Courier Fail talks about is 12 months a year... you would think nothing else mattered (and to many QLDers, its true).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Courier Fail talks about is 12 months a year... you would think nothing else mattered (and to many QLDers, its true).
Don't you guys have a tv show in QLD about SOO?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you guys have a tv show in QLD about SOO?
During the season there is a show called "Maroon Zone" or something like that. I've never watched it in its entirely, but i think they talk SOO and about the 3 QLD NRL teams and QLD Cup etc...

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Bull crap I recon everyone that posts here watches Origin. I enjoy it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They turned me right off origin during game three last year. The refereeing was so blatantly in favour of Queensland that i switched the game off in disgust. I'm thinking that was the last time I will ever watch origin.

I get the impression that the players only play now for the money rather than pride, and given that gambling is such a big aspect of it I just refuse to trust the referees now. Once upon a time I'd have been dirty about missing five minutes of the series, but now its an annoying distraction that weakens the competition.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bullcrap. There is a difference between watching if there are any injuries to our players and giving a **** about some money making event.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I don't I can honestly say in the last 5 years I have barley been excited for origin nor have I watched a full series

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah I'm surprised people don't - I have to admit a large slice of my attention goes on monitoring if Dogs players getting up limping or not. What else is on that night anyway??

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm surprised people don't - I have to admit a large slice of my attention goes on monitoring if Dogs players getting up limping or not. What else is on that night anyway??
Ive tried I think the lead up and the hype is just 2 much I find myself lasting a few minutes than I'm on the Xbox

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Origin has become annoying for me more than interesting about the time they started having dedicated coaches for it, back when it was a club coach doing the job, it didn't seem they talked about it so early...... I saw my first origin article of the year yesterday. These days its almost like the first half of the season doesn't matter, origin gets out of the way, and the talk shifts to what really matters, its a bit boring, I prefer the international test matches.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
they all need to calm the **** down

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Last year Daley was picking half the origin side in an interview pre season