Sean Johnson?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Noticed he is off contract this year and playing well.

Two years ago, he was on the verge of signing us, but one Gus Gould recruited him to the warriors instead.

Both forces are now at the Belmore, if we chucked a modest 650k at him, maybe we get him 2 years to nurture and guide olopu?

Even if Olopu is our 7 next year (I doubt this) we still have a massive halves and hooker shortage in the squad.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Noticed he is off contract this year and playing well.

Two years ago, he was on the verge of signing us, but one Gus Gould recruited him to the warriors instead.

Both forces are now at the Belmore, if we chucked a modest 650k at him, maybe we get him 2 years to nurture and guide olopu?

Even if Olopu is our 7 next year (I doubt this) we still have a massive halves and hooker shortage in the squad.
A recent interview with Gus said the SJ basically didn’t need any convincing to sign with NZ when he was offered to ‘come home’. He said don’t worry about $, I’ll sign the contract. He will be 33 at seasons end, and he wants to stay in NZ for family reasons. He will stay and play for minimum $ at this stage of his career.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I heard he’s retiring after this season and his money used for Roger

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I guess I can’t argue with the above

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I heard he’s retiring after this season and his money used for Roger
Well he's playing like a top 5 half this year so I think Warrior plans will change a bit. Letting him go would be very risky for Warrior, same with Johnson changing club for himself. He's close to career best form (obviously different style due to age).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure he will retire the way he is playing and with the cash in the table. Maybe extend one year.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a recent article about how happy he is to be home with his family after a few years away and not liking it. He won't be leaving his family unless it was a huge offer too good to refuse and he aint worth that unfortunately

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He said he’s happy to be living in NZ again. He won’t come back to Australia. He wants to stay there with his family. He’ll get a coaching gig at the warriors

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He'll see out his career at the Warriors. End of story.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s Shaun … and he’s been a revelation for the warriors. In some of his best form at the moment, storm were just a little to good in the end. Was the best game of the round. And we missed him.. he is home where it all started and will be there until it’s over now.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure he wouldn't come to be a depth player. Also expect any minute warriors will announce an extension anyway.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure he will retire the way he is playing and with the cash in the table. Maybe extend one year.
I’ll raise you one and say he’s playing good footy so he gets an extension .. prob 1 with 1 in clubs favour.

Not right for us though, I’m happy with Burton at 7, they just need to keep working with him & improve him like good coaches should.