Sean Connery dead at 90

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sad news. I was a fan of the campy Roger Moore years, but Connery still goes down as the best Bond by far. He makes Daniel Craig look about as charismatic as a slice of zucchini.

RIP

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP. One of Hollywood’s best actors.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most notable for being the gold standard James Bond..even though initially Ian Fleming was not too happy with him being chosen as Bond. However, Connery’s performance was so convincing Fleming actually gave Bond a Scottish origin to coincide with the actor’s own Scottish heritage. Apart from his portrayal as Bond, Connery had numerous movies to his credit, from Highlander to his Oscar winning performance as Jim Malone in the Untouchables. Although, for me, being a big Indiana Jones fan, his portrayal of Dr. Henry Jones Snr in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade will always remain my favourite. Spielberg sort out Connery as he felt the only father worthy of Indy would be James Bond, and he did not disappoint. His comedic timing was spot on, with the bumbling professor way out of his depth, a character type opposite to his normal in control persona. It was an unexpected performance done so well, I guess that’s a mark of a great actor. They do something that their audiences do not expect, and it is a rousing success. R.I.P. Mr Connery, Sean Connery, you left a great legacy of performances.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RIP
A brilliant actor and the best bond
Supberb in many movies
Will be missed

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theyre killing all the olds.