Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
International premiership winning hooker who is one of the best hitters in the comp who else would you suggest we go after mate or does jmk do enough in your eyes
LOOLLLL premiership winning bench player who happens to be a back rower?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just saying man going to step back in time and live out the 2004 season over again and not think about the upcoming spoon we’re getting this year . I even opened a new Facebook profile to get in the spirit of things what else came out in 2004 anyone have a IPod for sale
The Paris Hilton sex tape :tonguewink:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd have to give them a contracted player and I think RFM fits the build, he's decent enough that the Storm will want him (can play in the middle/lock) and losing him doesn't affect our team too much (imo). With where it's reported we've been trying to recruit I think Baz is off him a bit (e.g. Piakura, Matterson, Matterson potentially BS, but there's serious interest in Piakura). We also have Doorey and Topine.
I'd be careful about signing Matterson after reading about the stoush between Paul Kent and Craig Bellamy. He referrred to Matterson having an unfortunate history with concussions - although I can't say myself how many times that the concussions have occurred, but sounded like a bit of a red flag.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Give them napa! Fuck Stimson back would be better !! They could get something out of him we haven’t. Plus he’s then off our books! Napa is off contract so this is his last year. Stimson has more so would be perfect to have him go early.

That would shed of us Napa britt Stimson jmk Lewis meaney hopppa Crichton. Be ideal!
I agree for all those bums to go except Meaney...talent but no heart so good depth at least but absolutely the rest can get to buggery

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The cheese will be coming, I’d be surprised if he didn’t. He’s the best of the hookers available and TB is looking for results and winners, B Smith will provide both. I personally think he’ll be an astute purchase.
In terms of salary cap, we have 18 guys coming off contract. Some of those guys are on good coin (e.g. Hoppa). We will have plenty of loose change after the cheese. TB will be going shopping, interesting to see whose on his hit list....

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
So happy if that is true. With the players we have signed for next year. It looks promising and that will help attract other players to come to the club for the right money, not overs. Something special seems to be brewing.

And on that note. Let us never get into Salary cap hell ever again. It was too painful for too long.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So happy if that is true. With the players we have signed for next year. It looks promising and that will help attract other players to come to the club for the right money, not overs. Something special seems to be brewing.

And on that note. Let us never get into Salary cap hell ever again. It was too painful for too long.
If we didn’t learn our lesson out of this we never will. Usually it takes us 1-2 years to get back into a deep finals campaign after failure, such has been our success, this time round we have been MIA since 2014, 7 very long years!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOOLLLL premiership winning bench player who happens to be a back rower?
Bloke played behind the best hooker of all time ffs what do you want from him
You both have valid points...
We all know Cheese is a talented player but I believe he needs to loose some of that cheese fat to be able to play full 80 minutes as a hooker :-)
In any case from what I have been informed the offer is reasonable and viable to play him lock if a better hooker pops up, that's of course if he fails at hooker !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand this talk of Melbourne considering a swap for this season. Even when Grant is back, Smith is a huge part of their forward rotation and someone Bellamy wouldn't let go this season. Their pack has been weakened over the years so I don't see them jeopardising their premiership chances for some scraps from us.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You both have valid points...
We all know Cheese is a talented player but I believe he needs to loose some of that cheese fat to be able to play full 80 minutes as a hooker :-)
In any case from what I have been informed the offer is reasonable and viable to play him lock if a better hooker pops up, that's of course if he fails at hooker !
this is what I was saying to my missus last night.

if we get the cheese cheap enough and try him at hooker then we can still shift him to lock if a better hooker become available.

he is currently the best available and we don’t have time to be sitting and waiting for something better at this stage.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's certainly hot property so kudos if you land him.