Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely needs to shed some kg’s to be an 80min hooker...

I love his high energy play but I’m worried under a different coach than Bellamy he could be a little erratic.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as we have not broken the bank to bring him across, good signing (if true)
Break the bank we are desperate
JMK and his mates just aren’t good enough,it’s probably our biggest missing link moving forward into 2022

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone wake me up Round 1 , 2022
In the meantime if you wanted like me , decked out a room in the house with only items that came out that year , you know which one hey, the one where the following in 05 and all us mother fkrs inherited bangs rights over 15 other nations for 365 days straight . Gee whiz man I miss them absolute Vito rights over them bastards even if they right , will still won the P to finish of the argument with .
Will be upto Rd 3 Roosters 35 Dogs 0 if you want to know , the thing about knowing the scores isn’t a bother because at the end of that year revenge was still sweeter than the juice .
Please , Hays come get me out of that room in 2022
Are you ok mate?
It sounds like you are having a stroke?!??!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Break the bank we are desperate
JMK and his mates just aren’t good enough,it’s probably our biggest missing link moving forward into 2022
I am not sold that Brandon Smith is a top end hooker, even with an entire off season training in the position... and so, I do not want the club to saddle themselves with a long term bad contract for a player that is not guaranteed to be a success

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In the meantime if you wanted like me , decked out a room in the house with only items that came out that year , you know which one hey, the one where the following in 05 and all us mother fkrs inherited bangs rights over 15 other nations for 365 days straight . Gee whiz man I miss them absolute Vito rights over them bastards even if they right , will still won the P to finish of the argument with .
Will be upto Rd 3 Roosters 35 Dogs 0 if you want to know , the thing about knowing the scores isn’t a bother because at the end of that year revenge was still sweeter than the juice .
What?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Be over the moon with it. Agree he needs to get his match fitness moving but he’s been quoted saying he’s almost 10kg over his old playing weight due to being told to go to forwards and didn’t like getting rag dolled. Bloke has been a winner and a dominate player in a team for years. He is quality. His hooking ability has stood out when lighter for nz.

He’s not the best hooker in the game. No. Though he’s the best we can hope for and he’s easily in the better group then the shit.

He won’t need to be doing much kicking really with Flanagan and burton for a few years. His defence and running game and winning mentality is what we need. Him and addo carr could bring something we lack badly there.

Fucking stoked if it happens.

That said did anyone actually hear the interview or is someone spreading it with a name attached to try and make it sound credible lol!

Also does sattler even have anything to do with the storm ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has the running game and vision it's just the the finer skills have regressed and/or failed to develop due to his time in the backrow. I'm not overly keen on the move but I'm struggling to see where else we look in terms of a hooker? Also a few question marks on his off field behaviour.
Yeah that's the thing.. He hasn't been able to train as a hooker for years so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and whoever signs him will hope that he can rediscover that attacking spark that he showed more of in the past or for the Kiwis.

I agree, his antics and even habit of getting numerous six week injuries are also a question mark, but as you said we have to take a chance on someone and he's got a lot more going for him than most other options.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is an offer for cheese and the terms aren't what has been mentioned, unless something had changed in the last 48 hours !

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sold that Brandon Smith is a top end hooker, even with an entire off season training in the position... and so, I do not want the club to saddle themselves with a long term bad contract for a player that is not guaranteed to be a success
I know what you’re saying but who else is available
We need to pull the trigger on someone,perhaps a two year contract would get us through

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him a pre season and he’ll be right. He had a shortened pre season. And I dare say he would of been preparing to play in the forwards again due to Grant coming back. Give him a pre season with a guaranteed starting hooker. He’ll be fine. A lot better then what we have.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I hope we don’t over pay in the end no matter how much we pay we need to get rid of jmk and katoa

so it is worth it
Our service out of dummy half is like driving a car with an Aussie 4 speed.
We need some zip zip to get the opposition on the back foot for a change
Early ball to Flanno and have the forwards really hitting that advantage line.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Post of the year potential lol