Scott Sattler announces Bulldogs' potential signing of Brandon Smith

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 coming off contract this year
Let's face it, everyone is off contract. Clubs can move players on whenever they want so 15 is what is on paper but really what does that mean these days?

But in saying that it is great the club is now in control of their salary cap and we have some big signings coming our way.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Let's face it, everyone is off contract. Clubs can move players on whenever they want so 15 is what is on paper but really what does that mean these days?

But in saying that it is great the club is now in control of their salary cap and we have some big signings coming our way.
Everyone's off contract.....except Burton.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He quickly followed by, he's still under contract ... Ergo anti tampering laws..

So even if they have been he cannot legally say without fear of repercussions from nrl..
so if true when would it get announced then, i'm confused?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the head of the Coaching Executive being forced to lie to members and sponsors and patrons about negotiations this is flaw in building trust in communications and possibly better ways of dealing with those issues.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so if true when would it get announced then, i'm confused?
He's contracted for 2022.. he can only speak to other clubs with storms permission.. alternatively he can start contract talks for 2023 from Nov 1 this year..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
sattler should out the flog who is talking shit too...

and yes we should be but maybe Baz doesn't want him idk...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Good news if it happens...but like any of our top signings recently, won't believe it until I see him in Dogs colours.

It's still hard to be 100% convinced about JAC/Burton, but we've been screwed over before. Many times bitten, many times plus 1 shy.
Yeah I'm gonna be paranoid all season now hoping they don't renege if we keep playing shite.