Opinion Scott Drinkwater

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seriously rate Payten as a coach. Put Drinkwater back in reserve grade and then brought him back. Got the best out of Val Holmes at center. Dearden and Townsend are playing great footy. Taumalolo is no longer carrying the team.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Wonder what happens to the Hammer now? Doesn’t look like he can make the first 13. Worth a crack? Surely the dolphins will have a crack?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I feel like we've discussed this before. I remember saying I doubt cows let him go, hes too important to them. Of course not against it if they let him go to us.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I seriously rate Payten as a coach. Put Drinkwater back in reserve grade and then brought him back. Got the best out of Val Holmes at center. Dearden and Townsend are playing great footy. Taumalolo is no longer carrying the team.
Yep. And they were fit from the start of the season.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate Payten as well mate but there are a few things to keep in mind :

1. Drinkwater and the Hammer were both fit for round 1 and he went with the hammer at fullback. They started the season ok but then the hammer got injured so he was forced to bring Drinkwater in. He got a bit lucky there ;
2. They have had an absolute dream of a draw. Stupid clubs like us and the eels have taken home games against them to Bundaberg and Darwin. I think they have only come to Sydney twice and been beaten both times by the roosters and souths.

I do agree with your point about Dearden though. Most improved player in the comp

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rate Payten as well mate but there are a few things to keep in mind :

1. Drinkwater and the Hammer were both fit for round 1 and he went with the hammer at fullback. They started the season ok but then the hammer got injured so he was forced to bring Drinkwater in. He got a bit lucky there ;
2. They have had an absolute dream of a draw. Stupid clubs like us and the eels have taken home games against them to Bundaberg and Darwin. I think they have only come to Sydney twice and been beaten both times by the roosters and souths.

I do agree with your point about Dearden though. Most improved player in the comp
I've always hated the idea of taking home games away . Remember when we used to take homes games to NZ ? Gives the opposition a massive leg up.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what happens to the Hammer now? Doesn’t look like he can make the first 13. Worth a crack? Surely the dolphins will have a crack?
Gus reached out to him publicly on 100% Footy this year when Drinkwater came back in to the starting side. Told him just to call 1800 Belmore if he wants to play fullback each week.