Scott Bolton charged with indecent assault - Judgement handed down

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah he was a mess. Been charged and the statement was definitely pre written for him.

Video Press Conference: https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/05/08/media-call-scott-boltons-statement/

Today, North Queensland Cowboys player Scott Bolton released the following statement regarding an alleged incident in Sydney on the night of May 5th, 2018.
"I understand that our members, partners and fans would like me to talk about the allegation that has been made against me."
"However, since this is a matter that involves the police and the NRL integrity unit, I am unable to make any comments about the incident right now."
"What I can say is that I am taking the matter very seriously and cooperating fully with both the police and the NRL integrity unit."
"I have been approved to play by the NRL and the club during the investigation and so will work with the coach and our football department to decide whether I will play this week or not."
*gets visibly upset*
"I would ask that you respect the privacy of my wife and my family who are supporting me through this difficult time."
*starts to cry*

In all honesty ... I think he's fucked up whilst on the cans. He know's he's fucked up, and he knows theres a good chance this will cost him his job, and his marriage.

I doubt there is any malice in it, but rather a moment of stupidity whilst on the cans.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Drunk does not sit well with me and that is not a valid excuse . If you can't handle the drink and could quite conceivably get yourself into trouble with inappropriate behaviour simple don't drink.......or put yourself in a situation that might not turn out well....

Read today that he 'allegedly' touched the woman's genitals and there is a witness.............someone from the Cows.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he's fucked up by the sounds of all this.

Can't see the Mrs staying. With a head like his you can't afford to fuck up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate crying on TV, if your gunna do that why bother?
Still he sounds genuine and no one was injured.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Annnnnd he's fucked if true..

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/c417f1f026fc8df857200f4a5136e34d
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...owboys-nrl-assault/12x7yqhjy2afb1miux2tqtlaje

Scott Bolton allegedly grabbed a 49-year-old woman’s genitals at a dinner with teammates in Bondi on Saturday evening.

The Daily Telegraph reports the groping allegations ''would form the foundations of a charge'' against Bolton who was brought in for questioning for an indecent assault case. A maximum penalty of five years imprisonment weighs on the charge.

It is believed Bolton voluntarily showed up at Waverley Police Station after a complaint from the woman at the Bondi Beach Public Bar where several North Queensland players has been dining.

The Cowboys are spending the week in Sydney with back-to-back games in the NSW capital, however Bolton has flown back to Townsville after being granted bail.

He is due to appear at Waverley Local Court on June 19.

The NRL Integrity Unit have not suggested to stand down the 30-year-old, giving him until his court date to hand down their punishment.

Cowboys coach Paul Green says the club is yet to learn all the facts, although the proper processes have been taken out.

‘’At the moment something like this affects a lot of people so the club’s position at the moment is we’re making sure that we’re working through all the facts. At the moment we don’t have all the facts,'' Green told Fox Sports' NRL 360.

‘’Until we do get all those facts we’re probably not in a position not to comment. We were on the front foot. The NRL integrity unit were informed straight away so they know about it. They’ve got as much information as we have, they haven’t suggested at all that he be stood down. That’s our position at the moment.’’

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drunk does not sit well with me and that is not a valid excuse . If you can't handle the drink and could quite conceivably get yourself into trouble with inappropriate behaviour simple don't drink.......or put yourself in a situation that might not turn out well....

Read today that he 'allegedly' touched the woman's genitals and there is a witness.............someone from the Cows.
So another Fingers Ferguson situation at hand.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Kent said that Bolton has told people he is innocent and is fighting the charges.

That press conference seems to infer otherwise. I'll bet he isn't crying because he fondled some chick, bet he is crying because it is having a big impact on his marriage.

If he did it, fk him. No sympathy.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven't we learnt anything from 2004 ?
No matter what the truth is ;
What happened to <<innocent until proven guilty>>

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't we learnt anything from 2004 ?
No matter what the truth is ;
What happened to <<innocent until proven guilty>>
He would have helped his case if he actually told the media he was innocent, but he did not.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Kent said that Bolton has told people he is innocent and is fighting the charges.

That press conference seems to infer otherwise. I'll bet he isn't crying because he fondled some chick, bet he is crying because it is having a big impact on his marriage.

If he did it, fk him. No sympathy.
That what i was thinking when i seen the presser he did. The repercussions of his "alleged" actions kicking in.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would have helped his case if he actually told the media he was innocent, but he did not.
It could be a lot more complicated than what it seems and he would have been instructed by lawyers not to say more than he needs

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I still think the big factor here is how fast he got charged by police (meaning they think they have enough evidence to get a conviction).

CCTV footage was in the place apparently, she complained, and he handed himself in.

Not sounding good for him.

So another Fingers Ferguson situation at hand.
I can imagine when the news bloke tears of joy were streaming down his face..

That what i was thinking when i seen the presser he did. The repercussions of his "alleged" actions kicking in.
His partner probably went absolutely ballistic, assuming he told her that is.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
From what I've heard, he was absolutely blotto and this is definitely not a case of a guy repeatedly harassing and following a girl and then groping her.

Bolton is also know as an upstanding and genuine bloke.

Make of that what you will. But my impression is that this is nothing more than a silly mistake.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I've heard, he was absolutely blotto and this is definitely not a case of a guy repeatedly harassing and following a girl and then groping her.

Make of that what you will. But my impression is that this is nothing more than a silly mistake.
I guess it will depend on the charge and what actually happened, but grabbing someone's genitals without them wanting it is a bit more than a "silly mistake".

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

Mate no offence. But if true its not a "silly mistake" it' sexual assault.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you are saying:
1. Guy gets blind drink.
2. Guy thinks that blonde woman is actually his partner.
3. Guy gets touchy feely, only to get told where to go.
4. Blonde Woman informs police at venue.
*several hours pass*
5. Police arrest Bolton following morning at hotel room, and he realises the mistake made.

and so it goes from there..

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score

hhmm I think I am getting a sexual assualt, rapey, she had her tits out that why its her fault vibe from you