Science Stuff

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Not really terraforming. Just an attempt to make a new style smart city. But many don't think it's feasible.
Chinese and desertification management is about as close as you get. And thats hit and miss.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is there a reason we're not terraforming on earth? Like Musk is spending billions to get to mars but what's he actually going to do when he gets there? We could fit a fuck off next kber of people in the middle of Australia. Anyway I'm high fyi
Your question implies that Musk is trying to do things for the greater good of humanity, and therein lies your error. Musk isn't REALLY going to Mars to help humans, he's merely smart enough to say that this is his reason. His real reason is ego, billionaires playing with rockets.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about The Line? Is that considered terraforming of just fuck off Saudi money doing fuck off things. I'm not high anymore, idk why I was thinking about this last night.
I think you could call it an encapsuled style of terraforming, but usually the term would extend to a whole area of country, like the entire desert, rather than a walled city.

Interesting concept, though.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chinese and desertification management is about as close as you get. And thats hit and miss.
Israel transformed large areas of desert land into orange groves and eucalypt forests. That would be terraforming. Australia supplied the eucalypts.
One of the forests is named after Bob Hawke.

Our own aborigines terraformed Australia with their firestick "cold" burning technique. It allowed eucalypt forests to flourish at the expense of less fire tolerant trees and shrubs, totally changing the nature of the country.

We terraformed Australia when we banned firestick control, and cleared vast areas of native forest for timber and farming.

Early colonial paintings depict the countryside looking like an English rural estate, with open grassy fields and stately trees. That was thought to be a gentrified view of Australia, but it was how it actually looked because of regular burning.

Burning every two years kept small shrubs and new tree growth from flourishing. The established trees could handle the fires, and had room to grow in the sun. The ash from thousands of years of burning made wonderful topsoil for the native grasses. The open, grassy plains were perfect for large animals like kangaroos and wallabies to graze, and gave clear lines of sight for spear throwing. Also made it easier to walk naked through the bush, without being scratched by prickly shrubs.

When we banned regular burning, the shrubs and smaller trees grew and filled up the open parklike spaces into the thick tangle of scrub that we see today, making travel difficult, and a good hiding place for bushrangers. The delicate topsoil was exposed by sheep and cattle eating the grasses to the root, and it soon blew away. Many farmers had a good couple of years, then their crops failed as the soil eroded.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terraforming is just changing the environment and climate to make it more hospitable for humans. We're pretty much planning to do that with several measures to avoid climate change catastrophe.
Multiple other channels document their terraforming efforts overtime on that platform alone.
I know of a farming movement in Australia that has had success with its endeavours.
I suspect you're likely already aware of them, yet adding at least a link for those interested to follow.
He mentions in his videos where he has taken motivation from as well, to aid further viewing.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So that’s how Raiden did it. Whoa.

Oh by the why. After hearing the voice over say, “We don’t actually know what’s going to happen. Ok sweet it didn’t catch on fire. Let’s keep on going.” Kudos to the brave Samurai. Much respect dude! :D